• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doubling down on Young. I don't like it. We NEED Young insurance.

top dawg

53 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Will Canales fix his height, frame, weight and mechanics? FYI, his bad mechanics are a direct function of his height....'Mr. bouncy toes."

Mechanics, yes.  Height, frame and weight, despite all the worry, turned out to not be the problem everyone was so worried about.  Lord knows the guy can take a hit and pop right back up.

His dropback is messed up as he does bounce up on his toes but he also has a great ability to quickly snap his footwork into the correct position plus he's got the Russel Wilson baseball / shortstop ability to make off kilter throws.  Pro and cons to both.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His arm is very subpar. He definitely cannot make all the throws. There are a lot of small window throws, deep outs, etc. that the big armed guys can make that just aren't in Bryce's wheelhouse at the NFL level. Yeah, the overall offense was trash this year. The OL was bad, the receivers were bad... and Bryce was bad. The one game where we had a viable vertical passing threat was the one game Bryce didn't play. Hate to say it but that's probably not a coincidence.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, Brock Purdy is a physically limited NFL QB. And Bryce Young makes Brock Purdy look like John Elway in comparison.

For someone who supposedly watches the games you sure don’t know what you are looking at if these are you takes. 

Guys with subpar arms aren’t getting drafted number 1 overall man. The kid can’t step into his throws. He has footwork issues that can be addressed but the arm isn’t subpar. He was OVER throwing deep outs this season. Show me clips of any underthrown deep out he just didn’t have the arm to make? 

24 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

For someone who supposedly watches the games you sure don’t know what you are looking at if these are you takes. 

Guys with subpar arms aren’t getting drafted number 1 overall man. The kid can’t step into his throws. He has footwork issues that can be addressed but the arm isn’t subpar. He was OVER throwing deep outs this season. Show me clips of any underthrown deep out he just didn’t have the arm to make? 

Yeah, we drafted a QB with a very subpar arm #1 overall. It is what it is. QBs that are probably 5'9" and a buck seventy soaking wet don't get drafted at all... until we took one #1 overall.

The concern of a weak arm and a deep out isn't an under throw. It's lack of velocity to drive the ball in there. A weak arm on a deep out is probably a pick six. Bryce usually sails those throws because he knows he can't drive it in there. This really shouldn't need explaining to a decently knowledgeable football fan.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we drafted a QB with a very subpar arm #1 overall. It is what it is. QBs that are probably 5'9" and a buck seventy soaking wet don't get drafted at all... until we took one #1 overall.

The concern of a weak arm and a deep out isn't an under throw. It's lack of velocity to drive the ball in there. A weak arm on a deep out is probably a pick six. Bryce usually sails those throws because he knows he can't drive it in there. This really shouldn't need explaining to a decently knowledgeable football fan.

The absolute irony of talking about knowledge football fans when you have to make up measurables to try to sell your narrative. 

11 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

The absolute irony of talking about knowledge football fans when you have to make up measurables to try to sell your narrative. 

If you think Bryce Young g has ever stepped on a football field at 200+ pounds I have some Atlantic beachfront property here in southern Appalachia you might be interested in. There's a reason why he hid in that hoodie all Combine weekend.

I'm obviously exaggerating with the 170 talk but he's probably legit 185ish.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you think Bryce Young g has ever stepped on a football field at 200+ pounds I have some Atlantic beachfront property here in southern Appalachia you might be interested in. There's a reason why he hid in that hoodie all Combine weekend.

I'm obviously exaggerating with the 170 talk but he's probably legit 185ish.

Lying about height and weight when you can easily Google it is crazzzzzy lmao

1 hour ago, Loyalty4Life said:

Mechanics, yes.  Height, frame and weight, despite all the worry, turned out to not be the problem everyone was so worried about.  Lord knows the guy can take a hit and pop right back up.

His dropback is messed up as he does bounce up on his toes but he also has a great ability to quickly snap his footwork into the correct position plus he's got the Russel Wilson baseball / shortstop ability to make off kilter throws.  Pro and cons to both.

lol

13 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

Lying about height and weight when you can easily Google it is crazzzzzy lmao

Yeah, he did "lie". He showed up hiding in a hoodie after he porked up at the buffets with the sole intention of stepping on a scale at 200+. The guy has never played a football game at 204 pounds. I don't blame him. Your job as a draft prospect is maximizing your draft status and that's what he did. But that kid ain't no 204 pounds on game day. Hell, I doubt he's 204 fully suited up.

1 hour ago, 0kBoomer said:

I’m putting you on ignore. Stop following me around, calling me a liar, and accusing me of being another poster. 

your pfp is fitting. You are a clown.

Happened to me as well. When you get that weird I simply block you.

Crazy thing is the one dude I blocked still replies to my post. Crazy is Crazy!

Stop…

Bryce Young is a superstar QB and can be one of the best that has ever played the game.  

We need two really strong offseasons to build this offense.  He will dominate with talent around him.  

I hope we can do that cuz he is only 22 and the sky is the limit 

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone else at the Combine and Bryce hiding in his hoodie.

947577889_download(6).thumb.jpeg.00aa8839a2b4eec83ccb6c54ce1c3f38.jpeg

Bryce Young at his pro day... where he denied to step on a scale again.

a6grsyphse1nrqcktzpa.thumb.jpg.bc220ea2be01e4e0a8288227d2cc368c.jpg

Not getting back on the scale when he was in football shape tells you all you need to know. That Combined weight was a work.

Because the weight doesn’t matter. Unless you can produce any type of studies or reports that body weight correlates to arm strength, or any other important QB metric. 

The only thing weight could remotely be tied to is potential injury concerns which Bryce has completely destroyed. 

But yeah we have a 5’9 170lb QB. Mhm totally.