• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers new offensive philosophy

jamos14

9 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This was my first thought as well.

Looking for us to add smaller quicker WRs.

YAC guys with the ability to go deep--slants will be big, screens, outs. go routes (when the presnap read is man with no S help)  I also think Bryce will develop the back shoulder throw--not sure I saw that much from him this year.

12 hours ago, Ghostface Chilla said:

Came in to skim a few threads and was immediately reminded why I don't like coming to this board anymore. 

The adults are trying to take back over.   Stay and post and maybe we can drive them off.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, demcj said:

how is this "new" offensive philosophy any different from what wilks was doing after rhule?

We pretty much just became John Fox ball with Wilk's.  Power run football.  Not really anything like this west coast style offense.

• Beer 1

Rome wasn’t built in a day. With that being said I want to see at least 1 step forward and no step backs next season. Then I will start to become optimistic. Hopefully in 2-3 years we can be relevant again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, pantherj said:

Not good enough. Short passes are going to lead to 13 points and boat load of L's. On the other hand, we don't have much else to try. Young doesn't have a deep ball.

Completely untrue.  WCO is what's winning in modern NFL.  

And I wouldn't right off his deep ball yet, OL/WR plays a huge role in that.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Not good enough. Short passes are going to lead to 13 points and boat load of L's. On the other hand, we don't have much else to try. Young doesn't have a deep ball.

The offense seemed predicated on a short passing game. I remember Frank saying they wanted to take a couple of deep shots per game. It appeared every time they tried,which wasn't often, it result in a sack or incomplete. The offense was complete garbage and I blame the play designs more than the receivers.  It was just plan garbage. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The offense seemed predicated on a short passing game. I remember Frank saying they wanted to take a couple of deep shots per game. It appeared every time they tried,which wasn't often, it result in a sack or incomplete. The offense was complete garbage and I blame the play designs more than the receivers.  It was just plan garbage. 

The short passing and missing on deep passes to the point where if the WR had a ladder he couldn't have caught it is going to lead to 13 points. I love short passing when you have a QB who can be a play maker and make something out of nothing. Great throws into tight windows that make Sportscenter, guys who are god-tier at YAC, ect. I just don't have confidence that Young is going to come out and do better than in the low teens in points.

I want Young to come out and dominate and look something like Drew Brees with short passing. I have no confidence in that. And the deep ball... good lord.

21 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

If someone is going to hijack a thread, they should at least have the courtesy to use a turn signal…

Nobody knows what a turn signal is for.  Most think it's someone asking for the others permission to move over.  

On 2/1/2024 at 11:22 AM, Towelboy said:

He also spoke about running to set up the pass. Specifically mentioned Chuba but not Sanders.

Yeah, I heard that too but it won't make sense to cut Sanders if we still gotta pay him, maybe someone will trade for him...

Edited by PantherPhann89