• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tenders

If Delhomme starts, it will be because he won the job fair and square. You know, it's not impossible for a player to have a bad season and then make a comeback. Kurt Warner did it, as have many others. I doubt it will happen myself, but I have learned to never say never. Either way, there is nothing wrong with giving Delhomme a chance to earn it back, because they have to pay him whether he's here or not. Also, it would be pretty stupid to name Moore the starter right now, as many seem to want. Just have some damn patience and let the competition play out. That's not too much to ask of anybody.

Ahh, to be naive.

Ahh, to be naive.

So you have made up your mind that Fox is gonna start Jake just to piss you off, and I'm naive?

Answer me this, when has Fox ever had a better QB than Delhomme before now? Even last year, nobody knew exactly what to expect from Matt Moore, and any fan that says different is lying his or her ass off. None of us had access to practice and meetings, so none of us knew nearly as much about the situation as coach Fox.

So you have made up your mind that Fox is gonna start Jake just to piss you off, and I'm naive?

Answer me this, when has Fox ever had a better QB than Delhomme before now? Even last year, nobody knew exactly what to expect from Matt Moore, and any fan that says different is lying his or her ass off. None of us had access to practice and meetings, so none of us knew nearly as much about the situation as coach Fox.

Fox had a better QB all last year, and as Jake continued to throw multiple interceptions each game, Fox stuck by him. Why? Jake is a leader. To hell with all the other facets of QBing.

Fox had a better QB all last year, and as Jake continued to throw multiple interceptions each game, Fox stuck by him. Why? Jake is a leader. To hell with all the other facets of QBing.

Once again, nobody knew how Matt Moore was going to respond. For all we know, he could have been practicing like garbage, but finally got it together after he started a couple of games.

Anyway, it's pretty damned thick headed to assume that Fox is gonna start Jake this year no matter what. Fox may not be the greatest coach that ever lived, but he's not an idiot either.

for those of you who are panicking because you haven't heard of anything that is going on, read the matt moore interview thread.

obviously the panthers are taking care of business and talking to the players.

the organization isn't going to tell anyone what they are doing and they have no real need or reason to. they don't make public the discussions they have going on with players.

the FO isn't sitting on the hands waiting for everything to shake out before they make a move. they have a real concrete deadline regarding these things and they will have something to show for it. will it be what you or i want? maybe.....maybe not. doesn't matter.

they'll get people signed and we'll be okay. if we lose a few, that will be fine as well.

just because JR doesn't think that it isn't a good and fiscally responsible thing to pay one player $20mil (which it isn't) doesn't mean that he isn't going to spend any of it. he may not spend all of it but he'll spend quite a bit of it on several players. the fiscally responsible thing to do is to use that money to lock up as many key people as possible, even if it's just one year deals to get by until they have a clearer image of the 2011 season.

they will wait until the last minute to announce and finalize things but they won't be by any means the only team to to that.

for those of you who are panicking because you haven't heard of anything that is going on, read the matt moore interview thread.

obviously the panthers are taking care of business and talking to the players.

the organization isn't going to tell anyone what they are doing and they have no real need or reason to. they don't make public the discussions they have going on with players.

the FO isn't sitting on the hands waiting for everything to shake out before they make a move. they have a real concrete deadline regarding these things and they will have something to show for it. will it be what you or i want? maybe.....maybe not. doesn't matter.

they'll get people signed and we'll be okay. if we lose a few, that will be fine as well.

just because JR doesn't think that it isn't a good and fiscally responsible thing to pay one player $20mil (which it isn't) doesn't mean that he isn't going to spend any of it. he may not spend all of it but he'll spend quite a bit of it on several players. the fiscally responsible thing to do is to use that money to lock up as many key people as possible, even if it's just one year deals to get by until they have a clearer image of the 2011 season.

they will wait until the last minute to announce and finalize things but they won't be by any means the only team to to that.

Now you know better than to post something like that.....logic and reason are not allowed here.:D

Once again, nobody knew how Matt Moore was going to respond. For all we know, he could have been practicing like garbage, but finally got it together after he started a couple of games.

Anyway, it's pretty damned thick headed to assume that Fox is gonna start Jake this year no matter what. Fox may not be the greatest coach that ever lived, but he's not an idiot either.

Was it really possible for Moore to play worse then Jake was????? You know how about try the other QB on the team before were out of the playoff hunt....

Jake had 3 out of the 12 games he played were he didn't throw a pick, (in two of those games he threw for less then 100 yards...

It doesn't matter if you don't know whats on the bench and how good he's going to do....The guy you have in is playing horrible...You bench him..end of story..

Jake should have been benched before the Arizona game after the way he played against Buffalo.

That is quite disheartening. And I think one of the newspapers bought the other, if I understood the happenings on twitter right.

I don't think they bought the herald, I'm pretty sure they've always owned the herald. They just decided to merge gantt probably because he's too good to waste on rock hill.

Archived