• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl - Gameday Thread

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

49ers offense was bad the entire game.

Expecting Wilks to save them the entire game + overtime was asking for trouble.

Purdy is a game manager.

I don't think the 49ers offense was quite as bad as you say.  They played pretty well, it wasn't like they didn't move the ball.  The game went to OT!

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

The sad part is the Chiefs are going to likely add a big time WR in FA.

This team isn't going anywhere as long as Mahomes is around. This sucks as a NFL fan. Didn't think we would see another dynasty after the Patriots.

Yeah, as long as Mahomes is that dude they're gonna be right there. Reid retiring would be a big curve ball but it's not like they wouldn't have their pick of the litter for their next coach. Kelce retiring would be big.

But yeah, I expect them to go weapon shopping this season. They gotta find a RT too. That dude is trash.

And I'm sorry, but in no situation am I taking the FG in OT. You are at the 7 yard line with a 4th and 4. It's all in at that point. You are going to lose regardless with Mahomes on the other side, you go for the win in that situation.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

The crazy thing is I don't know if ANYONE knew who Patrick Mahomes was before he was drafted outside of Texas Tech fans. One day I would really like to hear/see the in depth story of how Mahomes was scouted on and ultimately picked by the Cheifs.

He wasn't some random though, many had him as a 1st rounder, walterfootball (just an easy quick reference) had him 3rd behind Trubisky and Watson and had him projected 1st round. 

Also the story of the Chiefs' scouting on him has already come out to some degree. I'll see if I can find an article but Brett Veach before he was GM was scouting some Texas Tech OL and saw Mahomes and started pounding down everyone's door there to get him for a few years. Ultimately they listened to him and he got promoted to GM and the rest is history...

1 minute ago, t96 said:

He wasn't some random though, many had him as a 1st rounder, walterfootball (just an easy quick reference) had him 3rd behind Trubisky and Watson and had him projected 1st round. 

Also the story of the Chiefs' scouting on him has already come out to some degree. I'll see if I can find an article but Brett Veach before he was GM was scouting some Texas Tech OL and saw Mahomes and started pounding down everyone's door there to get him for a few years. Ultimately they listened to him and he got promoted to GM and the rest is history...

Yeah, he was considered a legit 1st rounder. Everyone raved about his arm talent and backyard football abilities but everyone also rightfully questioned how that would translate to the NFL. That style of play has always meant having to stomach high turnover numbers before Mahomes showed up. The guy is a cheat code. You're not supposed to be able to play like he does without turning the ball over.

20 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Purdy had a great game.  

If you are using Mahomes as a comparison, then every other QB in the NFL is a game manager.  

Plus Kyle fuged that OT drive by not going back to McCaffery on 3 and 4.

Edited by Harbingers