• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We've picked an ok time to suck ass but we need to embrace a full rebuild and be ready to compete in 3-4 years

t96

3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think we should build for 2025.  Sign and Trade Burns for 2 #1. 

sounds great.  But Montez Sweat went for a 2nd rounder last year.   We aren't getting 2 1st for Burns.  Fitterer botched one of those rare rip off deals that you just don't see very often. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

sounds great.  But Montez Sweat went for a 2nd rounder last year.   We aren't getting 2 1st for Burns.  Fitterer botched one of those rare rip off deals that you just don't see very often. 

Maybe, Maybe not. If we sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal and then trade him.  We might get two but I hear you.   

5 hours ago, onmyown said:

You’re not going to find a Mahomes. That talent has been seen only a handful of time in the history of the sport.

We just need someone competent. Or someone with a ton of potential…you know like Stroud.

The painful thing is , I think in the future , Stroud vs Mahommes is going to be this Eras Brady vs Peyton 

And Panther fans are going to have to swallow we had a chance to draft Stroud , I need to ask a lifelong chargers fan how to live with your team passing on a hall of fame QB 

47 minutes ago, t96 said:

Generally agree but disagree on Chinn. Chinn is a perfect fit for a Kam Chancellor or Jamal Adams strong safety role. Sure he could switch to LBer but it's not a natural move at all like TD who belonged there all along. Chinn belongs at safety, you just need to pair him with a good coverage safety and have the scheme fit his skill set with blitzing, covering TE/RBs in the slot/backfield, etc. The downfall of Chinn here really is criminal. This is a player completely capable of being a perennial All-Pro and we've just completely mismanaged him. 

Davis did NOT look natural at LB his first year or even his second.  The staff kept flip-flopping him back and forth because they wanted him to be a LB but looked more comfortable as a safety.  Thomas had to grow into that LB role.  Chinn can be a really good safety, no doubt, but could be an absolute terror as a OLB for opposing QBs. 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Davis did NOT look natural at LB his first year or even his second.  The staff kept flip-flopping him back and forth because they wanted him to be a LB but looked more comfortable as a safety.  Thomas had to grow into that LB role.  Chinn can be a really good safety, no doubt, but could be an absolute terror as a OLB for opposing QBs. 

TD played both LB and safety in college with most teams in the draft looking at him as a LB, we drafted him as a LB too but wound up playing him as a S his rookie year because of injuries in the defensive backfield. Chinn has never played LB and was a safety and corner in college, he's just not a natural fit at LB at all and his body couldn't get big enough to play LB. TD had to gain some weight and muscle early on but it was easy for him to do. 

40 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

The painful thing is , I think in the future , Stroud vs Mahommes is going to be this Eras Brady vs Peyton 

And Panther fans are going to have to swallow we had a chance to draft Stroud , I need to ask a lifelong chargers fan how to live with your team passing on a hall of fame QB 

There won't be a "this era Brady v Peyton." Mahomes has no equals and no one even comes close. I'm a Stroud guy but at absolute best he'll be fighting with Jackson, Burrow and Allen to see who gets the right to lose to KC in the AFCCG. Not realistically threatening Mahomes/the Chiefs.

• Pie 1

I'm alright with it honestly, build the right way.  If we commit to building and curating our own talent and not overpaying someone else's we can be in "Pretender" territory in 2ish years ( somewhere between .500-.600 roughly).  The hardest part will getting over that hump and actually contending but that will lean back into what we do at QB (If he's THE GUY it has to be figured out by the end of this season so we can make the appropriate moves in '25) and how well they are able to evaluate and develop talent.  It doesn't have to be perfect, because it won't be.  Even the elite teams whiff on picks.  You just gotta have more hits than misses.  Once you get to consistent 7-9 wins you can start to identify star quality FA that could help you get over that hump.  No need to break the bank on big ticket players until then.

• Beer 1