• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UP NEXT NFL COMBINE

4 hours ago, ECHornet said:

#33 - trade back and draft a WR (Worthy, Legette, Mitchell) ; acquire additional picks. 

3rd - Cedric Gray or Jeremiah Trotter. Gray may already be gone. 

Add Peyton Wilson to that list

• Beer 2

I don't know enough about each individual player in the draft or study it enough compared to some I see on here but for the love of God can we please start drafting better and scouting better! We deserve to find diamonds in the rough each year like other teams seem to. We have drafted so poorly the past few years and it's time for some smart level headed great scouting and great drafting. Get rid of the emphasis on this analytics bull poo because it just don't work and we have proven that. Get back to scouting real football players that play with heart and a nasty streak that teppers analytics and all his equations will never see or pick up.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I don't know enough about each individual player in the draft or study it enough compared to some I see on here but for the love of God can we please start drafting better and scouting better! We deserve to find diamonds in the rough each year like other teams seem to. We have drafted so poorly the past few years and it's time for some smart level headed great scouting and great drafting. Get rid of the emphasis on this analytics bull poo because it just don't work and we have proven that. Get back to scouting real football players that play with heart and a nasty streak that teppers analytics and all his equations will never see or pick up.

When you look at our drafts over the past decade or so, it's no wonder why we're so bad.

• Beer 2

3 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I get so tired of every game that is played the announcer have to say, "Analytics Says, go for it" However, you can't always take what one team is good at and another isn't.  Forth and 2 against the Panthers, sure go for it.  Against a top DL.  Statically it's probably not a good idea.  Dan Campbell proved Analytics WRONG. 

It's a game and different teams offer different outcomes.  It's not something that should be uniformly based off of where you are on the field.  Football sense should dictate a decision not Analytics. 

This goes for player evaluation too.  You can't measure desire.  You can't measure nastiness.  The last time, I can remember, we had any prospect form the lower rounds or free agency that actually panned out was Andrew Norwell. 

I hope and pray that Dan Morgan and his staff really dig deep and find some of those players.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

22 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That dude can play. Durability is a HUGE concern though.

Agreed. Insane ceiling but I don't think you can risk anything before the 4th round.

I will say the idea of he, Shaq and Luvu in that LB corps would be nice. Tons of sideline to sideline abilities and two pass rushers.

2nd to 4th round has a lot of good LB prospects though. I have to say that should eventually pop for BPA.

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Taking elite athletes is excellent but if they struggled in college, that should get a TON of scrutiny. Same for guys that are insanely productive in college but are clearly system guys with very low floors. 

Don't get enamored with any individual thing. Don't hyperfocus on the little things and miss the full picture. Also, don't take a bunch of outliers or "gut instinct" guys. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I get so tired of every game that is played the announcer have to say, "Analytics Says, go for it" However, you can't always take what one team is good at and another isn't.  Forth and 2 against the Panthers, sure go for it.  Against a top DL.  Statically it's probably not a good idea.  Dan Campbell proved Analytics WRONG. 

It's a game and different teams offer different outcomes.  It's not something that should be uniformly based off of where you are on the field.  Football sense should dictate a decision not Analytics. 

This goes for player evaluation too.  You can't measure desire.  You can't measure nastiness.  The last time, I can remember, we had any prospect form the lower rounds or free agency that actually panned out was Andrew Norwell. 

I hope and pray that Dan Morgan and his staff really dig deep and find some of those players.  

This is exactly what im hoping for as well! We HAVE to become better at evaluating talent to draft better if we want to build a championship team. Dan Morgan was an intense guy when he played so im hoping he looks for desire, heart and nastiness when he is scouting. You are so correct in that analytics cannot show that when it comes to drafting college players.

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Taking elite athletes is excellent but if they struggled in college, that should get a TON of scrutiny. Same for guys that are insanely productive in college but are clearly system guys with very low floors. 

Don't get enamored with any individual thing. Don't hyperfocus on the little things and miss the full picture. Also, don't take a bunch of outliers or "gut instinct" guys. 

If we had scouts thinking along your lines in the past, im willing to bet we would have been MUCH more successful in our drafts!

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

If we had scouts thinking along your lines in the past, im willing to bet we would have been MUCH more successful in our drafts!

Oh our mistakes have largely been so bad. Critical weaknesses in judgement have been rife in our organization.

• Beer 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:27 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

When you look at our drafts over the past decade or so, it's no wonder why we're so bad.

Add in free agency too. The best player on each side were UDFAs that each of their former teams didnt care to resign. If you view eddy > johnny , then add STs as well. 

Panthers kept on re-signing there own bad players form 5 win teams. 

I think feel they need a new strength staff as well. The last few years the team plays soft and weak. Then theres been more injuries as well. 

Team is de-void of talent and no depth for the below average starters. Roster truly needs around 40 players and thats if young somehow turns out ok. 

Just the timeline of mass exodus of leadership and talent form the rivera era into the poor player player development era of rhule(which is a big reason he was hired), then limp dick frank reich not wanting to fix this mess he signed up for. You got the giant mess of a expansion level NFL team with very little cap space for the 4-5 guys that need 20 million per type contracts. There will be no texans like turn-around here. 

• Pie 1