• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UP NEXT NFL COMBINE

The issue I have with our pick at 33 is there is going to be a projected first round pick that fall out of the first round.  The question will be WHY?  

While I agree we need to get O-line help I am not sold that what we have on the roster is trash.  I continue to believe it had to do with the scheme that Reich wanted and what we were built for.  Hopefully our new head coach goes back to a more traditional style of blocking that our players are better at. 

We have been jinxed for nearly 20 years on 2nd round WRs.  After Moose I don't think we have ever hit on a 2nd round WR.   My hope is a WR that is NFL ready as far as route running and concept understanding. 

I agree on MLB.  I think we got to have a defensive general.  Obvious a Kuechly clone would be nice.

I hope that Morgan isn't just talking and lands us some players that can improve this team.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Dan Morgan's only interview question to draft prospects:  "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Dawg are you?" 

That's what's going to be different from last year lol 

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in some of his interviews.  I think Morgan will do well to bring that dawg out in his interviews. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in some of his interviews.  I think Morgan will do well to bring that dawg out in his interviews. 

Morgan seems like a no nonsense dude. He is a former player and will know if you're just BS-ing your way through or not motivated to be a great player. He's not looking for dudes whose dream is to play in the NFL, but for dudes what want to be in the hall of fame! 

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Morgan seems like a no nonsense dude. He is a former player and will know if you're just BS-ing your way through or not motivated to be a great player. He's not looking for dudes whose dream is to play in the NFL, but for dudes what want to be in the hall of fame! 

Not just a former player but a great one.  He knows what it takes and as you said.  He'll be able to sort out BS from fact. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We have been jinxed for nearly 20 years on 2nd round WRs.  After Moose I don't think we have ever hit on a 2nd round WR.   My hope is a WR that is NFL ready as far as route running and concept understanding. 

Idunno, Curtis Samuel was pretty good by his 3rd year, esp the 4th. He might be the only one though. Lafell was decent. Funchess was tolerated by year 3. All more effective than TMJ. 

Yea u might be right lol.. hopefully Mingo pans out. 

50 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Weak class for TEs.  And no, we are not getting Bowers.

Sure is.  I don't think we can do better than what we have---we improve with Hurst getting better and maybe prospering in a new system.   Tremble was showing signs of becoming a solid #2.  Ricci from IR could help as well. 

7 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The issue I have with our pick at 33 is there is going to be a projected first round pick that fall out of the first round.  The question will be WHY?  

While I agree we need to get O-line help I am not sold that what we have on the roster is trash.  I continue to believe it had to do with the scheme that Reich wanted and what we were built for.  Hopefully our new head coach goes back to a more traditional style of blocking that our players are better at. 

I agree on MLB.  I think we got to have a defensive general.  Obvious a Kuechly clone would be nice.

I hope that Morgan isn't just talking and lands us some players that can improve this team.

I want to make the #33 pick even more complicated than this....

After round 1, lotta teams try to trade up and the phones will ring between day 1 and day 2.  Since we have mulitple needs, I wpuld not be too surprised to see us trade down to about #40 and add a third rounder.  Heard it here first!   The WR group is really good, and if a no brainer first rounder does not drop to #33, I would consider a trade back--not too far---8-10 spots.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I want to make the #33 pick even more complicated than this....

After round 1, lotta teams try to trade up and the phones will ring between day 1 and day 2.  Since we have mulitple needs, I wpuld not be too surprised to see us trade down to about #40 and add a third rounder.  Heard it here first!   The WR group is really good, and if a no brainer first rounder does not drop to #33, I would consider a trade back--not too far---8-10 spots.

Yep it’s what happened last year. Hopefully a top QB falls again like Levis because teams will overpay for a premium position. 

8 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The issue I have with our pick at 33 is there is going to be a projected first round pick that fall out of the first round.  

Probably because of overly relying on the combine vs game analysis 

Would it be a good idea to look at QB's as well? Deep class so talent will be available in later rounds. Be kind of stupid not to draft a QB, just in case Young really does end up being a bust. Would be nice to have a QB on the roster for a year or so to get some experience.