• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Interviews Luke on 4th and 1

It's a very short video but I think this is very telling of how there has been a lack of leadership and culture on the current Panthers. These 2 Panthers Legends talk about how competitive and how driven the 2015 Super Bowl team was. They even name drop former players.  Everyone wanted to "compete." I think our current players are unmotivated and lack that fire or lack that leadership. Too many nice guys saying "it's ok, we'll get them next time." I really hope Dan Morgan can find our next generation of players who have what it takes to win. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

the saddest part is we’ve seen what they can do with garbage coaches

but believe it not they never even hit their peak

I think Luke essentially achieved his full potential in the NFL.  In terms of being a LB.  He was as good as it got.  

Could probably argue Ron was very good for Luke and Davis.  LB play excelled here.   Which would make sense given our HC was a LB and defensive guy. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think Luke essentially achieved his full potential in the NFL.  In terms of being a LB.  He was as good as it got.  

Could probably argue Ron was very good for Luke and Davis.  LB play excelled here.   Which would make sense given our HC was a LB and defensive guy. 

until he went to 3-4 and had Luke headbutting offensive lineman

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

until he went to 3-4 and had Luke headbutting offensive lineman

I mean, he should be a first ballot HOFer.  I think Luke is technically the best football player Carolina has ever had.  Others played more entertaining positions.  Luke technically the best at his craft vs how good others were at theirs. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he should be a first ballot HOFer.  I think Luke is technically the best football player Carolina has ever had.  Others played more entertaining positions.  Luke technically the best at his craft vs how good others were at theirs. 

I agree completely, but that’s a testament to Luke imo. Maybe I’m just sour but I feel going to 3-4 did him no favors and possibility contributed to the length of his career or at the least the quality of the tail end. But he’s Luke, he’ll ball out regardless.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think he made an impact at a diminished position (MLB) in today's NFL. Unless you're a rushing OLB, you don't get the same money or fame. Luke even outplayed and performed his MLB position. I believe someone compared Patrick Willis stats to Luke and if Patrick can get in then Luke is guaranteed HOF too. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think Luke is the best 4-3 MLB to ever play the game and I'll take that to my grave unless someone in the future rises to that level. He was basically the perfect player and there wasn't a single aspect of the position he did not excel at. And he could go toe to toe calling defensive audibles with the absolute best QBs out there. The chess matches between him and Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Brady were just something else to watch. Man I miss him, and I know exactly how the Lions fans feel having a HoF hang them up in the middle of his prime like Sanders, Megatron.

• Pie 6

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cam does a great job on his podcast. The thing that stands out to me is he welcomes people of all races. He's not just interviewing people from the black community. He's even welcomed people who has bashed him in the past guys like Florio and Warren Sapp. Even the chick from ESPN who trashed him a few weeks back.

Cam is genuinely a good dude. Which is why I don't understand why there is people in this fanbase who genuinely hates him.

Oh there’s a reason. People just don’t like talking about it because it’s not overt, it’s deeply ingrained and not easy to point out evidence. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cam is genuinely a good dude. Which is why I don't understand why there is people in this fanbase who genuinely hates him.

I agree.  I never understood the Cam hate.  

I wanted Patrick Peterson in that draft and was so against him because of the back story of his Dad negotiating  paydays for him and the laptop thing and then his pre-season was abysmal.

But then he just came out in the regular season and played football like Magic Johnson played basketball.   Year's go by and I never heard of him doing anything to compromise the integrity of the team or bring shame to the organization.  HE DID EVERYTHING EXACTLY RIGHT.

Even if I wanted to hate him, I couldn't.   With  competent coaching he would be wearing 2 or three rings.

Also Luke was the best I ever saw in person to play the position.  But so was Cam. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1