• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke -- 1st ballot HoF?

t96

21 hours ago, Stingray3030 said:

Unicorn does not qualify anyone for a HOF - that is a career-based honor for the best players of their generations.  A guy with only 3 Pro Bowls in 10 years, a losing post season record, no Super Bowl wins, 1 MVP & AP.  

I would also argue he isn't a unicorn - Michael Vick, RG3, Lamar Jackson?  Rare but not the only one...and it is clear that Lamar is >> Cam - and if he ended his career today he isn't a lock for the HOF....much more likely but not a lock

Did I stumble onto a divisional rival board by accident? Man some people really do despise our only MVP in franchise history.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, top dawg said:

Hester was the best to ever do it at his position. Cam? Come on, man. 

a kick returner. a position that anyone worth anything on offense or defense doesnt play because it isnt worth getting hurt (see Smith, Steve)

Cam revolutionized the most important position, Hester played a position that might not even be part of the game in 5 years

12 minutes ago, KillaCamNewton said:

a kick returner. a position that anyone worth anything on offense or defense doesnt play because it isnt worth getting hurt (see Smith, Steve)

Cam revolutionized the most important position, Hester played a position that might not even be part of the game in 5 years

I mean, ST is getting less relevant as the league is phasing it out but....

I've never bought that argument about not using guys on ST in big moments.   89 can be out there run blocking up 10 in the 4th or out there down 20 in the 4th......but lord forbid he risk injury of returning a punt in a close/big game.  89 didn't want to do it.   So he quit. 

I mean, there are plenty of already gold jacket wearing HOFers whose careers overlapped 89s..... still trotted out there for ST from Ed Reed to Deion Sanders to Tim Brown to Rod Woodson.  Then you got the league of not in the HOF but great with guys like Edlemen, Welker, Antonio Brown, Tyreek Hill etc. 

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Did I stumble onto a divisional rival board by accident? Man some people really do despise our only MVP in franchise history.

Grow up - objectivity doesn't make someone not a fan.  Only children care about whether someone "despises" a player....I could care less about Cam as a person, don't know him at all.  On the field he was frustrating to watch and led us to mediocrity for nearly a decade.

• Poo 4

If Patrick Willis is a HOFer then Luke Kuechly definitely is. The only argument against either of them is the length of their careers. Nobody questions that they were both all-time greats based on their on-field performance.

There's a solid argument to be made that Luke Kuechly is the best linebacker of all time in terms of coverage ability.

36 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Grow up - objectivity doesn't make someone not a fan.  Only children care about whether someone "despises" a player....I could care less about Cam as a person, don't know him at all.  On the field he was frustrating to watch and led us to mediocrity for nearly a decade.

end of the day though, out of the pushing 30 years that this franchise has existed....the healthy Cam window was and remains the peak of the Panthers. 

• Beer 1

I love Cam Newton.  

There is no way he makes the Hall of Fame.  If you think he is deserving, you are entitled to your opinion.  But he is 100% not getting voted into the HOF.  

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

end of the day though, out of the pushing 30 years that this franchise has existed....the healthy Cam window was and remains the peak of the Panthers. 

No debate there - but the shiniest scooter still makes you a loser if you ride it...

55 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

He led us to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and a SB while healthy, get the fug outta here

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

He led us to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and a SB while healthy, get the fug outta here

That sir would be called cherry picking - 4 out of 5 years huh?  So we just ignore 2011, 2012, 2018?  And what did he do in those Playoffs?  3-4, 7 INT, 5 FUM.  And remember who this thread is about....the 1st ballot HOFer who ACTUALLY carried this team from 2012-2017....not Cam.

Edited by Stingray3030
  • Poo 3

1 hour ago, Stingray3030 said:

Telling others to grow up while being hateful in the morning for no reason toward one of our best players ever lol.

Seek help my dude!

1 hour ago, Stingray3030 said:

You are an idiot.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

31 minutes ago, frankw said:

Telling others to grow up while being hateful in the morning for no reason toward one of our best players ever lol.

Seek help my dude!

Here we go - what hate?  Facts aren't emotional....I am not giving any hate at all...feel free to show me the hate I posted?