• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sports Agency telling players not to take cognitive tests before draft.

37 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Bryce has taken it multiple times since high school (maybe CJ did too but I didn't see any stories on it). I think it's like the SAT where the questions won't be the same but you can still practice the test to get a general idea. 

I've heard it was "broken" or "didn't work right" when CJ took it which is them trying to save face.  I also think CJ didn't care about it as he said "I'm a football player, not a test taker."  Which I mean his film spoke for itself IMO.  

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yep. Most important thing to remember when thinking about Tepper is, he's just a dumb football fan (like most of us in here) that bought a team.

That probably describes every NFL owner, to be fair.  I doubt there are a lot of billionaires out there already bringing experience running an NFL team (or even a major sports franchise) so it's unfortunately just kinda one of those things you have to learn on the job.  It's just frustrating for a fan on the sidelines to watch mistake after mistake and hope your owner figures it out sooner rather than later.

• Pie 4

Why do people continue to act as if the test hurt Stroud's stock?  He went 2nd overall.  Bryce was generally considered the frontrunner long before the test came out (although yes some people had Stroud over him, but nobody changed their mind about that because of some test).  And there is nothing at all to suggest the test played any role in who the Panthers preferred first.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Why do people continue to act as if the test hurt Stroud's stock?  He went 2nd overall.  Bryce was generally considered the frontrunner long before the test came out (although yes some people had Stroud over him, but nobody changed their mind about that because of some test).  And there is nothing at all to suggest the test played any role in who the Panthers preferred first.  

you serious clark?

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you serious clark?

How was the stock of a player who went 2nd overall hurt?  Given it has been widely reported the Texans wanted Bryce if they picked first, what do you have that suggests the Panthers were swayed into a different direction because of a singular test?

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

How was the stock of a player who went 2nd overall hurt?  Given it has been widely reported the Texans wanted Bryce if they picked first, what do you have that suggests the Panthers were swayed into a different direction because of a singular test?

loving the revisionist history

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

loving the revisionist history

What am I revising?  Has it not been widely reported that the Texans wanted Bryce had they picked first?  This is common knowledge, but maybe it isn't common for you. 

Please, enlighten me.  What evidence do you have that suggests the Panthers pivoted from Stroud to Bryce because of the test?  How did Stroud have his stock damaged and yet still go No. 2 overall?  

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you serious clark?

Bryce was QB1 on a load of boards before the S2 info. I mean we can pull up mocks and draft boards before that test was released. It doesn’t mean he was the right choice but there is no need try to create a narrative that isn’t accurate. We gave into the hype like many experts did. What confuses people here is that the Huddle as a group always leaned Stroud but the media leaned Young all the way back to the year before the draft honestly. 

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Mage said:

What am I revising?  Has it not been widely reported that the Texans wanted Bryce had they picked first?  This is common knowledge, but maybe it isn't common for you. 

Please, enlighten me.  What evidence do you have that suggests the Panthers pivoted from Stroud to Bryce because of the test?  How did Stroud have his stock damaged and yet still go No. 2 overall?  

You won't get an answer 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, csx said:

You won't get an answer 

Exactly. People on here trying to rewrite history to make us look bad. We can make ourselves look bad without all that nonsense! Here is the May 2022 way to early mock with Young leading the way…

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-way-too-early-2023-nfl-mock-draft-alabamas-bryce-young-houston-texans-no-1-overall

• Pie 1