• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Upcoming: 2024 NFL Combine

45catfan

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The scouting department projects out over a year in the draft process.  The don't have just "this" year blinders.  It's highly likely they knew how deep this QB draft (2024) would be and got impatient.  Most likely Tepper breathing down their necks, but we'll never know for certain.  Had we just held our water, we'd have all that draft capital back AND Moore, plus a shiny new QB.

Possibly. But I doubt we 're #1 overall if we'd just played Andy Dalton all season. Probably not top 3. Maybe not top 5.

I wouldn't trade Stroud for any rookie this year. Not after seeing what he did on an NFL field. I bet the Texans wouldn't either.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

I'd much rather have Stroud than any qb in this draft. He's already shown he is legit.

He should have been #1 after the Georgia game alone. Like he did the NFL thing in front of the whole Nation and you pass? lol. Meanwhile Bryce's last college season was fuging crickets and his supporters blamed it on weapons or something. CJ was getting pressured every snap by Georgia and was the best player in the whole game

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

53 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No medical testing for Caleb Williams at the combine...

red-flag.gif

I don't like it personally but the more I think about it all of this is probably going to work out in his favor. He might lose a couple mil if he falls in the draft but it'll be worth it long term to go to a better team, and one that's willing to let him call the shots like that. How Bryce, CJ, and Caleb pan out I think is going to change how the top prospects approach the draft going forward.

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I don't like it personally but the more I think about it all of this is probably going to work out in his favor. He might lose a couple mil if he falls in the draft but it'll be worth it long term to go to a better team, and one that's willing to let him call the shots like that. How Bryce, CJ, and Caleb pan out I think is going to change how the top prospects approach the draft going forward.

I never blame a prosect for how he chooses to approach the pre-draft process. They're all just trying to maximize their stock. But when guys opt out of things it absolutely raises valid questions on why they think that opting out of this thing is the best option for their draft stock.

Guys absolutely don't try to harm their draft stock. They might go full Eli and flat out refuse to play for certain teams and force a trade if they have that type of leverage but they're not going to try to fall in the draft and literally cost themselves millions of dollars.

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Possibly. But I doubt we 're #1 overall if we'd just played Andy Dalton all season. Probably not top 3. Maybe not top 5.

I wouldn't trade Stroud for any rookie this year. Not after seeing what he did on an NFL field. I bet the Texans wouldn't either.

Dalton isn’t that good. With 2 more wins we’d still be picking 2nd (maybe still 1st as our SOS would be weaker). 3 more wins and we are still 4th. Heck, 4 more wins and we’d still be picking 5th. Dalton is not improving this team to 7-10 or better, not a chance. We still lost the game he played in by 10.

You might be forgetting that we won the first overall pick by a landslide and of course Fitt traded it away. The one time that tanking for the top pick went perfectly.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Dalton isn’t that good. With 2 more wins we’d still be picking 2nd (maybe still 1st as our SOS would be weaker). 3 more wins and we are still 4th. Heck, 4 more wins and we’d still be picking 5th. Dalton is not improving this team to 7-10 or better, not a chance. We still lost the game he played in by 10.

You might be forgetting that we won the first overall pick by a landslide and of course Fitt traded it away. The one time that tanking for the top pick went perfectly.

No, Dalton isn't very good but the difference would've probably gotten us to 5-6 wins IMO. That's enough to drop you down to the 5-7 range vs. #1 overall.

9 minutes ago, PanthersATL said:

Doubt we'll get Peyton Wilson.

But the comparison to Luke on yesterday's Combine coverage was pretty, pretty good.

If hes available in the third, I hope we pick him.  I'm not gonna say he's Luke, but he sure seems to be in on every play