• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My realistic plan to fix the offense……what’s yours?

Complete overhaul. Mooney or Gabe Davis as FA WR target. Jonnu Smith was recently released so bring him in at TE. Then in draft interior depth at guard and Center.  Also don't be scared to take a tackle at 33. Add a another RB in FA or later rounds of draft. This RB free agency is ridiculous.  Lots of big names but look for 2nd tier guy that's being overlooked. RB, TE, two offensive lineman and at least two WR's. I know we have limited draft capitol so FA needs to be explored. 

Okay I would open up the QB position to competition. Won’t happen. So.. total never before seen offense. The Total Red Zone offense. Seriously though it needs to be point guard city. It’s hard to figure.

In no particular order

I find a TE that has star potential or is one already, with the serious tools I mean. Someone who really could carry the load as a primary target for a game or a stretch of games.

I guess I am accelerating the tempo in my mind based on hearing that it’s ball out in under 2.7 seconds. I’m thinking a passing offense only works in hyper quick mode. 

I would allow a fullback type bruiser for short yardage but the basic idea for the offense is WR and RB are interchangeable; you are looking for the same player. You get guys who are built for the ultra quick hitting 10 yard passing game. Whatever the hell that is.

• Beer 1

10 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

Complete overhaul. Mooney or Gabe Davis as FA WR target. Jonnu Smith was recently released so bring him in at TE. Then in draft interior depth at guard and Center.  Also don't be scared to take a tackle at 33. Add a another RB in FA or later rounds of draft. This RB free agency is ridiculous.  Lots of big names but look for 2nd tier guy that's being overlooked. RB, TE, two offensive lineman and at least two WR's. I know we have limited draft capitol so FA needs to be explored. 

Neither Mooney or Davis move the needle for me (or Smith). Ewww! I'd just rather draft some guys and take my chances if I have to stoop that low into the free agent barrel.

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

caa_football_327772841_1175457039784797_5327371984651167423_n.thumb.jpg.1ce926a28c46677c997e7491a96bf9ce.jpg

That's a terrible idea. He's wouldn't serve any practical purpose. The only thing that he might do is push our draft stock just far enough where we'd be fuged all over again with no way to get out but stay in the draft capital giveaway line. 

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Yeah we have a short QB who rarely goes deep ffs. It’s crazy to me that TE isn’t a priority.

TE isn’t a priority because there’s basically 1 good TE. TE should have been a priority last year when our top of the 2nd round pick was in great distance to trade up for La Porta or take another TE who will develop. People mention that TE from Texas and he’s not even close to as good as the TEs last year and we’d have to take him at 33. Believe me, if we do that, we’ll be talking about the WR studs we missed.

Also, we had Hurst, Tremble, Sullivan and Thomas and they combined for about half the yards as Thielen. Chark and Mingo was very meh and they were 2 and 3 in yards. The TE from Texas isn’t solving that issue. A legitimate WR next to Thielen and Mingo would absolutely have a much bigger impact.

I’d love to have a great young TE but unless we find some George Kittle day 3 gem, we missed the giant TE boat last year because Fitterer had some sort of amazing visit with Mingo and reached again.

• Pie 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:33 AM, Mike in Raleigh said:

We need a tight end. That would be my #1 priority. 

See my post above. Priority is meaningless in this draft. We can’t get Bowers and the Texas TE is not good enough for 33. The rest are day 3 guys.

Amazingly our biggest need at WR matches the strength of the draft. Let’s just hope the game changing WR isn’t snagged by the top teams who pick right before us that have WR needs as well.