• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nicole was a Stroud vote

CRA

Just now, CRA said:

I think it was quip Adam Schefter made on some nothing podcast.....because people like kicking Tepper on the subject given the glaring egg on our franchise's face. 

I doubt Schefter knows a random message board has been fixated on Nicole Tepper.  Because this is the only place that cares. 

I think its pretty clear as to what it is.  And its funny what they are choosing to belive or not to believe.

Just now, CRA said:

I think it was quip Adam Schefter made on some nothing podcast.....because people like kicking Tepper on the subject given the glaring egg on our franchise's face. 

I doubt Schefter knows a random message board has been fixated on Nicole Tepper.  Because this is the only place that cares. 

Yeah it’s a big nothing burger unless you were someone overreacting to a picture constantly blaming Nicole for Young. Then it makes that person look awfully foolish…

• Flames 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

You think it's conspiracy talk to not just blindly assume everyone on staff from last season that's gone wanted Bryce Young and there was no dissent?

He sure hit it off with Matt Rhule immediately didn't he?

If he is an ego maniac, why oh why would he leak this? EXPLAIN IT TO ME. How a man with a ego so big he throws drinks in fans faces even though he is worth billions, he has literal brass balls on his desk, he brought his ex employers house and demolished it,  would willing leak a story that says his employees are clowning him because he wife had it right on Stroud. 

Like give me some logic here not just " wait for Reich to say something ". 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah it’s a big nothing burger unless you were someone overreacting to a picture constantly blaming Nicole for Young. Then it makes that person look awfully foolish…

its not just the picture, thats just the symbolism of it all, its the fact of why, why the fug is she even there?  And then you and others scream misogyny when we question her and the overall process.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

its not just the picture, thats just the symbolism of it all, its the fact of why, why the fug is she even there?  And then you and others scream misogyny when we question her and the overall process.

probably because it's his wife....and given he owns the team he doesn't tell her to go wait in the hotel room.  

and given what we have seen from Tepper, she probably makes him look better in group scenarios and dealing with people.   The setting of the pictures is casual meet and greet BSing.  It's not extraordinarily odd for him to have his wife there. 

but that's just applying some common sense guess work. 

• Pie 2

Not to mention Bryce Young is still our starting QB going into next season who we went all in on.  So the organization has a million percent more incentive to try and sell us on Bryce being the answer and remaining patient and steadfast that he's our guy, rather than to deliberately plant these little seeds of dissent and uncertainty within our organization in order to.....save face for the owner's wife who I guarantee 99% of fans have never heard of (lol).  That's truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

If we just cut Bryce and then this immediately leaks?  Maybe I'd give a little more credence to this silly conspiracy.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

She works for them? I mean I don’t know much about her, but I wish they listened to her on this one…

10 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Not to mention Bryce Young is still our starting QB going into next season who we went all in on.  So the organization has a million percent more incentive to try and sell us on Bryce being the answer and remaining patient and steadfast that he's our guy, rather than to deliberately plant these little seeds of dissent and uncertainty within our organization in order to.....save face for the owner's wife who I guarantee 99% of fans have never heard of (lol).  That's truly one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

If we just cut Bryce and then this immediately leaks?  Maybe I'd give a little more credence to this silly conspiracy.

Yeah good point. It is a little awkward for Bryce knowing one of the owners preferred Stroud. 
On a side note people are really grasping at straws to try to save face….

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

If he is an ego maniac, why oh why would he leak this? EXPLAIN IT TO ME. How a man with a ego so big he throws drinks in fans faces even though he is worth billions, he has literal brass balls on his desk, he brought his ex employers house and demolished it,  would willing leak a story that says his employees are clowning him because he wife had it right on Stroud. 

Like give me some logic here not just " wait for Reich to say something ". 

Did I say he leaked this? The timing is strange as I and others have said. It doesn't matter where the info came from. Who knows who Schefter talked to. We know this org has had a reputation of things getting out. Why would it take this long?

Too many people in here want to be right about Nicole when all along what's been said is she and Dave need to step back. Hiring Dan Morgan was not a move that says they are going to be hands off now. If we want to start winning again that's what has to happen. It doesn't matter how much some people here want to praise Nicole Tepper. We are a laughingstock until this changes whether she was in favor of drafting Stroud or not.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah good point. It is a little awkward for Bryce knowing one of the owners preferred Stroud. 
On a side note people are really grasping at straws to try to save face….

yep, if anything, you could argue Schefter put her in a tiny bit of an awkward spot.  

but this is professional football.  If anyone's feelings are hurt over preferences at draft time that didn't happen....they don't need to be in that world. 

• Pie 1

the main obvious takeway from this is that the Panthers, for some reason, need to use Adam Schefter to put out there that the owner's wife preferred a QB other than the one who was chosen.

Why the Panthers are the only team in the league that need to do that is, well, up to the reader to discern I guess. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, frankw said:

Did I say he leaked this? The timing is strange as I and others have said. It doesn't matter where the info came from. Who knows who Schefter talked to. We know this org has had a reputation of things getting out. Why would it take this long?

The reason you're confused is because you're treating this like some kind of bombshell revelation when it was literally just a throwaway comment on a podcast.  Listen to the clip in the OP...the dude was mid-sentence and then all of a sudden switches train of thought cause he just remembered this funny little sidenote about the whole situation.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The reason you're confused is because you're treating this like some kind of bombshell revelation when it was literally just a throwaway comment on a podcast.  Listen to the clip in the OP...the dude was mid-sentence and then all of a sudden switches train of thought cause he just remembered this funny little sidenote about the whole situation.

Schefter has been in this business long enough and knows what will bring attention that's his whole job. He doesn't say something like that as a throwaway comment and we don't get 9 pages of people trying to say I told you so while somehow not realizing they're celebrating nepotism.