• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Near certainty" Burns will be tagged

21 hours ago, frankw said:

It was the only logical move to make at this juncture.

Now we have options.

Agreed. We sorta painted ourselves into a corner with Burns when we turned down the Rams’ offer last year. The salary cap bump buys us a little more time.

36 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It was dumb to turn it down from the team's perspective, but you have to put yourself in the shoes of Scott Fitterer.  He probably didn't like his chances of surviving long enough to use those picks if he sold off Burns.  The team had to show signs of life or he was going to get fired.  Almost every GM is playing for right now, hence the Rams offer in the first place.

It's why I don't like keeping guys on the "hot seat". If you've put so much pressure on a guy that he feels like he's in a desperate win now scenario to keep his job you need to just go ahead and fire him. You've put him in a situation where he can really damage your team long-term because he knows he has no long-term without completing a hail Mary in the short-term.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

It's definitely an alt account.

I knew it. Dude was all over my profile and pooing everything I posted. I don't get why people make alt accounts and continue the same behavior as if nobody can notice.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I knew it. Dude was all over my profile and pooing everything I posted. I don't get why people make alt accounts and continue the same behavior as if nobody can notice.

No life would be my guess...? He probably takes the poo emoji very serious in his little alt world.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It was dumb to turn it down from the team's perspective, but you have to put yourself in the shoes of Scott Fitterer.  He probably didn't like his chances of surviving long enough to use those picks if he sold off Burns.  The team had to show signs of life or he was going to get fired.  Almost every GM is playing for right now, hence the Rams offer in the first place.

You do thinks as gm for the betterment of the franchise not simply whats best for your job status.  Fat fitt royally fuged this burns situation up and the overall roster and he paid for it rightfully so with his job.

So Morgan is as brain dead as his last boss...

Some people never learn. Trying to turn that guy into a foundational piece of the roster is a waste of time. But this will be the year he finally proves how amazing he is...

I hope he holds out. That is about the best he can bring to the table at this point. It would be hilarious and just speed up the fall of this build. Win-win. And yeah those idiots are still not ready for a serious rebuild.