• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jason LaCanfora: Panthers will add multiple skill players in free agency/trades this offseason

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Don't trade for anyone. Not this year. Trade down in. The draft to get a couple more picks. That's it.

FAs sould be IoLs.

Get your skill guys in the draft.

I wouldn't completely rule out trading for players but it would have to be the right situation. Think potential long-term answers caught up in a roster traffic jam elsewhere. But trading for short-term bandaids and stop gap measures? Oh hell no. Absolutely not. That's about the last thing this organization needs to be doing.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't completely rule out trading for players but it would have to be the right situation. Think potential long-term answers caught up in a roster traffic jam elsewhere. But trading for short-term bandaids and stop gap measures? Oh hell no. Absolutely not. That's about the last thing this organization needs to be doing.

I hope these guys can get it right. I don't trust them with trades yet. Baby steps. I think with the trade capital we have all we would be able to afford are bandaids.

As much as we can we need to stay in the shallow water...at least for the first year.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I hope these guys can get it right. I don't trust them with trades yet. Baby steps. I think with the trade capital we have all we would be able to afford are bandaids.

As much as we can we need to stay in the shallow water.

I mean, I fully expect Tepper's Panthers to fug up at every turn because that's pretty much what we've been doing for six years straight ever since he bought the team. It's gonna take awhile for them to earn back any trust from me even if they start killing it right now.

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, I fully expect Tepper's Panthers to fug up at every turn because that's pretty much what we've been doing for six years straight ever since he bought the team. It's gonna take awhile for them to earn back any trust from me even if they start killing it right now.

I feel good about the potential. Everything else is wait and see for me. There's going to have to be a learning curve.

FA names

TE: Noah Fant 

OL: Jon Runyan 

Solid EDGE options: Bryce Huff, DJ Wonnum, Michael Danna

Meh WR options: Darnell Mooney, Kendrick Bourne

Trade targets

Picks - get more picks, no vets.  Stop chasing and start collecting.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

...Yea...I'm waiting for the tall tale fug up that has Dippers fingerprints all over it..we know its coming...I'm conditioned like Pavlovs dog....whether its telling Canales what D to run...who to play ... or what play to run... He will throw a wrench into progress somehow..... thank God we have a point guard that can distribute the ball.

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

If chinn has any value and a market, you trade him. We sure haven't been able to ever find out how to get anything out of that athletic tweener.

He’s a free agent now.  I’m sure there was a small market last year for him. We kept him to hardly play him. 

15 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

He’s a free agent now.  I’m sure there was a small market last year for him. We kept him to hardly play him. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

he is not on the team

Good

32 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

FA names

TE: Noah Fant 

OL: Jon Runyan 

Solid EDGE options: Bryce Huff, DJ Wonnum, Michael Danna

Meh WR options: Darnell Mooney, Kendrick Bourne

Trade targets

Picks - get more picks, no vets.  Stop chasing and start collecting.

Bourne would actually be a solid pickup