• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

The QB dominoes are starting to fall. Mac Jones is out in New England, Baker is staying in Tampa and Russell Wilson is out in Denver.  From everything I'm reading, Cousins to the Falcons is almost assured unless the Vikings have a last minute change of heart to keep him.

The two wildcards are Wilson and Fields. Once those two have been settled, we will see all the teams remaining with holes at QB1.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The QB dominoes are starting to fall. Mac Jones is out in New England, Baker is staying in Tampa and Russell Wilson is out in Denver.  From everything I'm reading, Cousins to the Falcons is almost assured unless the Vikings have a last minute change of heart to keep him.

The two wildcards are Wilson and Fields. Once those two have been settled, we will see all the teams remaining with holes at QB1.

We will be one of them but in denial lol. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd be terrified to pay Baker that much with Canales no longer there.

They will regret it. They barely won the division and beat the struggling Eagles in the playoffs.

I still don't fear the Bucs in the grand scheme of things. This is just a bad division. If Cousins signs with Atlanta I think they are the favorites though.

34 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd be terrified to pay Baker that much with Canales no longer there.

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about it if I were Tampa. Low guaranteed money, fairly short term and low overall price.

That is about what I would think the 49ers will try to offer Purdy.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Baker getting paid is cray cray. I guess you can really change your career by having 1 good season in a terrible division. Good for him.

He is a QB so it's demand vs lack of supply. If they stop being run first then they will learn real fast why he failed elsewhere and was cheap when they picked him up off the scrap heap. If he has to justify his price tag is when it's going to get real interesting. Much easier to build a better team around him when he was cheap. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

I was hearing Wilson to Pittsburgh, but I have not been keeping up. Fields then to maybe the Raiders? 

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

He is a QB so it's demand vs lack of supply. If they stop being run first then they will learn real fast why he failed elsewhere and was cheap when they picked him up off the scrap heap. If he has to justify his price tag is when it's going to get real interesting. Much easier to build a better team around him when he was cheap. 

Without Canales will he be as good?  Stay tuned, but Baker is known  for having a good year once in a while--streaky.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I was hearing Wilson to Pittsburgh, but I have not been keeping up. Fields then to maybe the Raiders? 

That's a possible destination for Wilson.  Jimmy G still has some years on his contract so it would be as a backup, initially, if Fields went to the Raiders.  I don't think Fields can beat out a healthy Jimmy G. Wilson supposedly got a call from the Giants.  I don't see that happening though as Jones' contract is too steep right now to ditch and Wilson isn't signing as a backup.  Maybe Fields ends up there as a back up for a season and then the main guy if they cut Jones in 2025.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That's a possible destination for Wilson.  Jimmy G still has some years on his contract so it would be as a backup, initially, if Fields went to the Raiders.  I don't think Fields can beat out a healthy Jimmy G. Wilson supposedly got a call from the Giants.  I don't see that happening though as Jones' contract is too steep right now to ditch and Wilson isn't signing as a backup.  Maybe Fields ends up there as a back up for a season and then the main guy if they cut Jones in 2025.

the Giants sitting at #6 are in really good position to grab a QB this year when the market is better than it will be in 2025, I would speculate.  Would they take McCarthy at #6?  Maybe not as risky as it was when Gettlemen took Jones early.  I think that would mess up the Vikings' draft.  I am really ready to get free agency behind us so we can see through this muddy water.  

• Pie 1