• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

So the Patriots are apparently sold at QB at pick 3.

Possibly.  They could also be movers if a team wants MH Jr. over AZ (I.E. the Chargers or Giants)

Could still end up landing who's left of Maye/Daniels ahead of ATL, Minny, and DEN

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I feel like he could be a low end starter. I’m surprised a team like Minnesota didn’t trade for him as a plan B in case they can’t sign Cousins and can’t get who they want in the draft. 

I think there's a lot to this and honestly, I think that maybe he exposed that Belichick either wasn't the QB whisperer he was supposed to be or that he just lost it along the way. Under better QBing, both Jones and Zappe could possibly be starters, low end ones but starters just the same.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

The way their QB is always getting hurt it makes sense to get Jones.

Didn’t he not miss a start from like HS through 55 first NFL starts? I think he just had an unlucky run there at the end last season

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Possibly.  They could also be movers if a team wants MH Jr. over AZ (I.E. the Chargers or Giants)

Could still end up landing who's left of Maye/Daniels ahead of ATL, Minny, and DEN

You don't sit at #3, just traded you QB and can get one of the top QBs in a super talented class just to move out and take a non-QB.  I mean a spot or two in a move down if you are 100% sure the next team isn't taking a QB, but why take the risk? If they move to #5, they could get leapfrogged because the next several teams after that pick are in the QB market.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You don't sit at #3, just traded you QB and can get one of the top QBs in a super talented class just to move out and take a non-QB.  I mean a spot or two in a move down if you are 100% sure the next team isn't taking a QB, but why take the risk? If they move to #5, they could get leapfrogged because the next several teams after that pick are in the QB market.

I just think the market for MH Jr. is purposely being deflated and there's a bit of movement that could happen for him as much as a QB.  

Just now, Bear Hands said:

I just think the market for MH Jr. is purposely being deflated and there's a bit of movement that could happen for him as much as a QB.  

Eh, I think it's lying season in an attempt to get people to look for tea leaves that don't exist.  Unless Kirk Cousins, Justin Fields or Russell Wilson ends up in D.C. or New England, QBs will go 1,2,3.  Bank on it.  Neither of those situations are going to leave the QB question unaddressed.  We all know the Bears are taking a QB.

I saw a report awhile back that the Pats were expected to go with a veteran QB. No clue if that's accurate or not.

Honestly, with three really promising QBs I think they'd be well served to take a shot at one. Or maybe they like someone like Nix or Penix and think they can get him at the top of the 2nd or maybe trade back into the bottom of the 1st.