• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would go in a package for Burns/Higgins swap?

RumHam

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

They don't want Burns for 30 mil.

Maybe if he was cheaper it could happen.

it's only one year. also we have no other capital. Higgins is making that. They can save us from the chiefs.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it would be straight up.

But I also don't think the Bengals want to pay Burns. Moving Higgins would be about not spending that huge chunk of cap, not just spending it on a different guy.

Exactly this!

if you want to go all in on a super bowl and getting pressure on mahomes, burns would be the way for one year. b/c right now we're wasting our time again next year and the chiefs are winning again. the afc has no one unless burrow is healthy.

3 minutes ago, RumHam said:

if you want to go all in on a super bowl and getting pressure on mahomes, burns would be the way for one year. b/c right now we're wasting our time again next year and the chiefs are winning again. the afc has no one unless burrow is healthy.

Nobody is trading for Burns without a long-term contract agreed on.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nobody is trading for Burns without a long-term contract agreed on.

I was thinking that but I guess if the Bengals have tagged Higgins as basically a one year rental and don't intend to extend him they'd maybe think having Burns on a 1 year rental would give them a better chance of winning.

36 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

By all accounts Higgins is the Brian Burns of Receivers - Young, good, promising, not quite elite #1 player at his position.

Grass is always greener and all.

I'd still rather have a receiver so the offense doesn't look catatonic.

not sure I love that analogy.  Tee Higgins is a solid all around WR.  He just lacks that special quality that puts him over into that elite tier. 

Burns isn't a solid all around DE

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why would we make this trade?

We're nowhere near competing and in no position to hand out a mega contract to a WR.

Trade Burns for picks and rebuild properly. It's really not that hard.

We are nowhere near competing, but your plan is to not sign good FA's and keep depending on the draft to develop talent.

Did you see the draft we just had not a single good player came from that draft. Bryce the noodle arm midget and Mango ready to Tango was nowhere to be found.

Cmon man this goes both ways. You have to sign good FA's and draft well. The two goes hand and hand.

Cmon old man times has changed. You gotta spend big if you want a better product.