• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign LB Josey Jewell

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I get it but we are still thin at the position. and he does have more talent than what it would take to replace him. We save absolutely nothing by cutting him, it actually cost us over 23k to cut him to not play for us so that wouldn’t make much sense. He’s on the last year of his deal

I'm not against it. I think the team is ready to move on but now they may not be able to due to lack of bodies.  I'd say if they draft one Shaq may be on borrowed time.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I get it but we are still thin at the position. and he does have more talent than what it would take to replace him. We save absolutely nothing by cutting him, it actually cost us over 23k to cut him to not play for us so that wouldn’t make much sense. He’s on the last year of his deal

We save $3m if we cut him post June 1st.

2 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Answer: Better than Luvu, according to some 

I dunno if thats the case, but in his season under Evero in Denver he had 128 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks, and 2 INTs.  Luvu last season had 125 tackles, 5.5 sacks and no INTs.  From what I gather with those stats, its about a wash with maybe Jewell being a bit better in coverage with the INTs, and Luvu a bit better in pressure with his sacks.  Biggest thing is since he's played for Evero he knows the scheme.

7 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I dunno if thats the case, but in his season under Evero in Denver he had 128 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks, and 2 INTs.  Luvu last season had 125 tackles, 5.5 sacks and no INTs.  From what I gather with those stats, its about a wash with maybe Jewell being a bit better in coverage with the INTs, and Luvu a bit better in pressure with his sacks.  Biggest thing is since he's played for Evero he knows the scheme.

They were both top 10/top 5 available. Luvu a better pass rusher and a little younger, Jewell looks more willing to tackle in the run game that what we're used to

• Pie 1

This is what I was talking about when I said I wanted to draft this dude.

image.png.65e75977f9c7b122c940af45098ea616.png

Look at that Senior year, 132 tackles, 13.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks. 2 INTs and a FF.  That's only in 12 games.  The prior two seasons were very sold as well.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

There's only a few of us left willing enough to stick around for this train wreck. That's only because we just can't look away.

I mean specifically that are willing to pay money to go to the stadium and cheer and yell lol. It's gonna be a while before they get Luke level chants on the db meter

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

I mean specifically that are willing to pay money to go to the stadium and cheer and yell lol. It's gonna be a while before they get Luke level chants on the db meter

If someone is willing to pay money to watch this I have no sympathy for them. They should know by now it's wasted money. They have no reason to grip about crappy football as it will not change anytime soon. If they are not going for the laughs and fellowship they are doing it wrong. 

• Beer 1