• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Williams rumor

7 hours ago, strato said:

What do you think they are doing? 

attempting to build a stereotypical offense for their non-stereotypical QB? 

I mean, I’m ready to move on from Bryce so I don’t really care.   But yeah, I’ve been clear since we drafted him the the only way I think Young can work is to to build him a Bryce dink and dunk O with their scheme and talent. 

Big picture,  we are going to likely have better interior OL play and slightly better playcalling.  

I mean, this is a Mike Williams thread.  What type of O did  Canales run  in Tampa?  The only addition skill talent wise to date is problem wideout the Steelers tried to deal for a year and couldn’t that plays on the outside.  Big picture I don’t dislike what they are doing to fix the O…but it’s still IMO a variation of last year where it’s not going to be catering to an anomaly QB.  

I think we drafted an anomaly QB….and still have not come to terms with that. 

and the talk/mood just feels like last year on repeat for me.  I was never it’s an all Bryce Young sucks guy either.  I didn’t like what they were putting him into from the jump when so many were talking playoffs and best roster since 2003 type stuff.  I still don’t like what they are putting him in….at least to date.  I don’t think we are going to put him in position again this year to help him reach his potential. 

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Canales has thrived with Metcalf and Evans. So he would be a massive add for us to fill that role 

Metcalf and Evans thrived with risking taking QBs that went vertical.  Not sure a WR to fill that role is a big hole on a Bryce Young lead offense. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I mean, I’m ready to move on from Bryce so I don’t really care.   But yeah, I’ve been clear since we drafted him the the only way I think Young can work is to to build him a Bryce dink and dunk O with their scheme and talent. 

Big picture,  we are going to likely have better interior OL play and slightly better playcalling.  

I mean, this is a Mike Williams thread.  What type of O did  Canales run  in Tampa?  The only addition skill talent wise to date is problem wideout the Steelers tried to deal for a year and couldn’t that plays on the outside.  Big picture I don’t dislike what they are doing to fix the O…but it’s still IMO a variation of last year where it’s not going to be catering to an anomaly QB.  

and the talk/mood just feels like last year on repeat for me.  I was never it’s an all Bryce Young sucks guy either.  I didn’t like what they were putting him into from the jump when so many were talking playoffs and best roster since 2003 type stuff.  I still don’t like what they are putting him in….at least to date.  I don’t think we are going to put him in position again this year to help him reach his potential. 

They're making these moves so there's no excuses for him. This time next year if bryce didn't improve substantially, we'll be moving on. At least the next qb may have a decent line and some weapons to work with

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

They're making these moves so there's no excuses for him. This time next year if bryce didn't improve substantially, we'll be moving on. At least the next qb may have a decent line and some weapons to work with

the next QB wont be for another 15 years. These OL players will all have their knee replacements by then. 

54 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

well, last year there was no excuses for him not to sleepwalk to the playoffs with the best roster since 2003/2011 assembled around him.   Like, I said, this all just feels the same. 

Canales didn't run a O last year that seems ideal for Bryce Young.  Skill talent is largely the same.  We replaced Chark with a more talented headache on the outside.   And that outside WR spot isn't the main bread and butter of an anomaly like Bryce IMO. 

But there is time.  Everything I'm seeing and hearing to date though, seems like this O would be better suited for Jake Delhomme Jr.   

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

well, last year there was no excuses for him not to sleepwalk to the playoffs with the best roster since 2003/2011 assembled around him.   Like, I said, this all just feels the same. 

Canales didn't run a O last year that seems ideal for Bryce Young.  Skill talent is largely the same.  We replaced Chark with a more talented headache on the outside.   And that outside WR spot isn't the main bread and butter of an anomaly like Bryce IMO. 

But there is time.  Everything I'm seeing and hearing to date though, seems like this O would be better suited for Jake Delhomme Jr.   

Yeah, we haven't even had the draft yet

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

For a reasonable price given his injury history I'm fine with it. No reason not to kick the tires. Get the deal done tonight.

At least he and Jaycee can play battleship together in the physical therapy room after week 3

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

At least he and Jaycee can play battleship together in the physical therapy room after week 3

Could be.

But he's my consolation red zone signing since we are back to the TE position being pretty much a black hole again.

7 hours ago, CRA said:

Terrible take, they purposely spent a lot of resources to address the guard position for an anomaly QB. They also targeted a WR that meshes well with Bryce's skillset of anticipation. They are going to fuging feast on curl, slants, and out routes together, mark my words. The addition of Johnson is more coherent than any addition we made in the 2022 offseason, which I absolutely hated, including the trade-up to #1 months before the draft. Morgan did the best he could do and honestly, has us in position to reset in 2025 if we need to and the cap space to make the necessary moves if it blows up with Bryce. We actually have assets if this thing blows up this time.

Time will tell now if Bryce is worth a damn or not, especially if we can wrap this thing up with Mike Williams.

28 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Terrible take, they purposely spent a lot of resources to address the guard position for an anomaly QB. They also targeted a WR that meshes well with Bryce's skillset of anticipation. They are going to fuging feast on curl, slants, and out routes together, mark my words. The addition of Johnson is more coherent than any addition we made in the 2022 offseason, which I absolutely hated, including the trade-up to #1 months before the draft. Morgan did the best he could do and honestly, has us in position to reset in 2025 if we need to and the cap space to make the necessary moves if it blows up with Bryce. We actually have assets if this thing blows up this time.

Time will tell now if Bryce is worth a damn or not, especially if we can wrap this thing up with Mike Williams.

I mean, the issues going into last year were always going to be the issues.  The parts didn't fit.  The talent and scheme didn't fit the QB.  You could of given Bryce better G play last year......almost all the issues still largely exist. 

I've acknowledged we should have better G play.   

Talk about signing Mike Wiliams....is just repeating the problems of last year.  Mike doesn't fit a Bryce Young O IMO.   And as I said, I love Mike Williams.   

We gave up the farm for a small ball QB.  And have no intention to build an O that does it.  That to me, remains a terrible idea.