• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple of Tasks Left to Win the Offseason

Taylor Moton Restructure and a Derrick brown Extension.  Those two things will officially win the offseason for Morgan and company for me.  That would free up so much money to add a few more key free agent pickups to firmly reshape the team to Morgans vision.

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, chknwing said:

Taylor Moton Restructure and a Derrick brown Extension.  Those two things will officially win the offseason for Morgan and company for me.  That would free up so much money to add a few more key free agent pickups to firmly reshape the team to Morgans vision.

True....but we still have 18mil to spend at this point...

I'm not sure I ever want to hear "win the offseason" again after last year =P

Things that I think we ought to do:

1. Continue to look for edge and CB help.

2. Keep looking for depth at all positions

3. The rest is really up to the coaches.

The Draft is a Crapshoot.  Kind of goes without saying =/  Ultimately, it's going to be up to Dave Canales and Evero to make something happen.  I'm excited and hopeful but also realistic.  It would be cool to finally have a winner, but that's a TALL order for this team as bad as we were last year..

Let's see improvement!  I know, that's not a great chant, but I just want to see us get better from last year, and from week to week.

• Beer 2

10 minutes ago, d-dave said:

The Draft is a Crapshoot.  Kind of goes without saying =/  Ultimately, it's going to be up to Dave Canales and Evero to make something happen.  I'm excited and hopeful but also realistic.  It would be cool to finally have a winner, but that's a TALL order for this team as bad as we were last year..

Let's see improvement!  I know, that's not a great chant, but I just want to see us get better from last year, and from week to week.

Pretty much all of that.

I really don't like the way the team was left after last year. Just didn't seem like a complete team. We just weren't built right.

I think that the team is looking a lot like it should have had we been run well. Yeah, QB is still a question mark, but there's lots of teams who are in the same boat we are. That's not abnormal and it's something that we just have to have patience with while they see if last year was an aberration or he's really just that bad and we simply just can't give him an honest eval after last year just because of how bad the whole situation is. (yeah you don't agree with me and i'm a moron for not seeing it like you do in your expert opinion - oh well) 

aside from BY, i think we're just now starting to look lie a team should look heading into the draft were it run well. 

if we can get clowney i would feel pretty good about the pass rush. not great, but it just wouldn't be the glaring hole we had. i see him as an upgrade to burns, tbh. CB is still an issue. Gilmore is out there but he probably wants nothing else to do with us. Not sure about that Steven Nelson cat. seems to bounce around a bit.  could be we have to wait till the draft for that.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

Thinking that the team 'won the offseason' last year was pure delusion anyway, and those of us who pointed that out were heavily ridiculed at the time. Unfortunate, but it's clear who was right about that.

With that said, I think the coaching/strategic element is just as important or even moreso than the rest of the offseason. Will the staff have the ability to correctly utilize the personnel on the team and adjust/adapt from week to week, with players showing improvement as the season goes on? That is really what I'm looking for as a barometer for success this year.