• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

C.J. Henderson to the Texans

13 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah it's a tough situation could have made a case for keeping him given our need but also can easily make the case that he was an acquisition made out of necessity and he hasn't held up his end of the bargain now with two different teams despite where he was drafted.

Nothing against the guy he didn't make the trade Fitterer did. Good luck to him.

Hey let's just agree to stop sifting through the lost and found bin of teams like the Jaguars going forward considering we're the worst team in the league until proven otherwise.

Hah, we’ve been sifting through the Jets, Browns and Jax trash bins. At least we learned something after firing Fitterer. Don’t trade 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks for their garbage, do what every other team does and sign them to cheap deals and cut them if they don’t do well.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, frankw said:

Yeah it's a tough situation could have made a case for keeping him given our need but also can easily make the case that he was an acquisition made out of necessity and he hasn't held up his end of the bargain now with two different teams despite where he was drafted.

Nothing against the guy he didn't make the trade Fitterer did. Good luck to him.

Hey let's just agree to stop sifting through the lost and found bin of teams like the Jaguars going forward considering we're the worst team in the league until proven otherwise.

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Hah, we’ve been sifting through the Jets, Browns and Jax trash bins. At least we learned something after firing Fitterer. Don’t trade 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th round picks for their garbage, do what every other team does and sign them to cheap deals and cut them if they don’t do well.

Keep in mind Frankie Luvu came from an awful Jets team's trash bin.  I dunno, I can almost see the opposite approach in favor of scouring through bad teams' rosters.  Who do you think is more likely to have a hidden gem with untapped potential?  A team like us with a knack for bad coaching, inability to develop players, and playing players out of position?  Or a team like the Chiefs or Steelers?  If those teams let a player go, I'm going to be skeptical and wonder if they're a product of their system who was overperforming relative to their skill and talent level.

That being said, I'm not advocating trading assets for these players (I'm wary of trading assets period) like we did with Henderson, but I'm not opposed to "dumpster diving" Free Agency for players who just came from bad teams.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Keep in mind Frankie Luvu came from an awful Jets team's trash bin.  I dunno, I can almost see the opposite approach in favor of scouring through bad teams' rosters.  Who do you think is more likely to have a hidden gem with untapped potential?  A team like us with a knack for bad coaching, inability to develop players, and playing players out of position?  Or a team like the Chiefs or Steelers?  If those teams let a player go, I'm going to be skeptical and wonder if they're a product of their system who was overperforming relative to their skill and talent level.

That being said, I'm not advocating trading assets for these players (I'm wary of trading assets period) like we did with Henderson, but I'm not opposed to "dumpster diving" Free Agency for players who just came from bad teams.

I know Luvu did and we got a couple years out of him. My point was that you don’t trade for bad team’s garbage bin, you sign them cheap and hope they work out. We basically said the same thing.

Also, not sure I agree with you on dumpster diving bad teams. I think teams like Pittsburgh and KC are good places to dive as well because with more good players at certain positions, the backup they can’t re-sign might be a quality starter when given the chance. That might be more common than finding a poorly coached and developed diamond. It’s a bit of luck and it doesn’t happen that often. Addison was our last high level gem. Luvu is actually a decent example of who to go for because the Jets had quality defensive players. It was their offense/QBs that sucked hence not trading for Darnold would have been smart.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I know Luvu did and we got a couple years out of him. My point was that you don’t trade for bad team’s garbage bin, you sign them cheap and hope they work out. We basically said the same thing.

Also, not sure I agree with you on dumpster diving bad teams. I think teams like Pittsburgh and KC are good places to dive as well because with more good players at certain positions, the backup they can’t re-sign might be a quality starter when given the chance. That might be more common than finding a poorly coached and developed diamond. It’s a bit of luck and it doesn’t happen that often. Addison was our last high level gem. Luvu is actually a decent example of who to go for because the Jets had quality defensive players. It was their offense/QBs that sucked hence not trading for Darnold would have been smart.

Yeah that's reasonable.  I think I take more issue with people in here discounting a signing just because they came from a bad team, because I see that a lot (including with Luvu when we signed him).  Your take on Luvu being the type of player we should go for because the Jets' D was loaded is a more nuanced approach than I think most people take in here.  I can definitely see both sides, which ultimately leads me to the probably uncontroversial take of evaluating players on their own merits and not harping too much on what team they came from.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Kick the tires on a low end contract when the team releases them which they will eventually sure.

But Fitterer's time as GM centered around being "in on every deal" and being one or two moves away from where you need to be as if he were playing GM mode on Madden instead of any semblance of a long term plan.

I'm sincerely hoping Morgan is much different in this regard and can actually draft at minimum solid players. We'll see.

• Pie 1

As bad as he was for us, I don't know how many times we asked him to go match up one-on-one without safety help against elite wide receivers. I still think back to that win and in game against the bucs two seasons ago where we just literally told CJ to cover Mike Evans one-on-one with zero safety help....

I remember the panthers were 3-0 in fat fhules 2nd year. Things seemed to be on the up. Then, Fitt and Fhule traded for CJ Henderson by trading Dan Arnold. A budding star of a TE. Then the wheels feel off as we watched CJ get cooked game after game while Arnold lost all momentum in Jville he gained with us. That is when the wheels started falling off. CJ Henderson is one of THE worst football players to come to our team. He was pitiful. Did want to be here. Didn’t want to play football but like collecting big checks. A cancer as we like to say. fug that guy.  Glad he is gone. He will make the Texans worse with his attitude.