• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2004 Panthers playoff win over Rams on NFL Network right now

I'd watched the game a few weeks ago. It's crazy to see some of the details I missed being younger on a live broadcast.  Towards the end, the pressure that Rams defense was getting on Jake was sickening.

Amazing that we pulled that out and went on to the Super Bowl. Crazy to think how few of those chances we've had since, but I have hope!

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, PantherBoy95 said:

I'd watched the game a few weeks ago. It's crazy to see some of the details I missed being younger on a live broadcast.  Towards the end, the pressure that Rams defense was getting on Jake was sickening.

Amazing that we pulled that out and went on to the Super Bowl. Crazy to think how few of those chances we've had since, but I have hope!

Not amazing at all.  We had a very good defense and the best group of receivers to ever suit up for the Panthers as a unit.    Moose was in his prime, Steve Smith was really coming into his own and Proehl was Mr. Clutch.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

21 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Not amazing at all.  We had a very good defense and the best group of receivers to ever suit up for the Panthers as a unit.    Moose was in his prime, Steve Smith was really coming into his own and Proehl was Mr. Clutch.  

The great Proehl who begged Nippleshorts to draft Devante Adams and Stephon Diggs. Instead he told the great to know his role and drafted two of the biggest bums to ever put on a Panther uniform. Jesuz, we are so backwards as an organization. 

The greatest season, with the best coaching this franchise has ever seen. That team had the heart of lion. Went in the Lou. Double OT. In to Philly and then beat their brains in. That team came back after halftime, against the best QB to ever play the game in his prime and almost won the damn thing… Brady starting on his 20 instead of the 40 wins 8 times out of 10 anyway. 

If John Fox doesn’t pull Rodney Pete at half in Jacksonville, that season never happens. Pretty crazy to think about. 

If it would have been the Giants instead of the Panthers, the made for TV movie would still be playing. 

7 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

The great Proehl who begged Nippleshorts to draft Devante Adams and Stephon Diggs. Instead he told the great to know his role and drafted two of the biggest bums to ever put on a Panther uniform. Jesuz, we are so backwards as an organization. 

That is a weird comment.  

What he did as a coach had nothing to do with his time as a player.