• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales on fixing Bryce's footwork

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I remember him getting fired up on the sidelines one game.  Also wasn't there some speech he gave the locker room?

You're depressing me.

Edited by frankw

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I remember him getting fired up on the sidelines one game.  Also wasn't there some speech he gave the locker room?  I don't think you can make it to this level and not have some passion/competitiveness unless you are just some insane athlete like a Peppers or Clowney.  

yeah, I mean, even mild manner people have their moments.  I think it is safe to put Bryce Young in the calm and mild manner camp in term of the NFL.   I don't have an issue w/ that.  I don't need him to be Cam or Jake.  I just hate the PR this time of year. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

yeah, I mean, even mild manner people have their moments.  I think it is safe to put Bryce Young in the calm and mild manner camp.   I don't have an issue w/ that.  I don't need him to be Cam or Jake.  I just hate the PR this time of year. 

Oh I get the PR stuff, but I mean he had a few moments last year I would like to see more of.  I would like to see some of that passion as he gets more comfortable.  Players can feed off of it.  He showed it in college more IMO.  

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, I mean, even mild manner people have their moments.  I think it is safe to put Bryce Young in the calm and mild manner camp in term of the NFL.   I don't have an issue w/ that.  I don't need him to be Cam or Jake.  I just hate the PR this time of year. 

One time Jimmy Clausen got really peeved on the sidelines too.

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Seems to be the norm for you.  

One of the main reasons for drafting him that was beaten over our heads over and over and over and over like the Energizer Bunny was his leadership.

What you mentioned is all we've got to hang our hat on?

Yeah that's bleak.

Edited by frankw

1 minute ago, frankw said:

One of the main reasons for drafting him that was beaten over our heads over and over and over and over like the Energizer Bunny was his leadership.

What you mentioned is all we've got to hang our hat on?

Yeah that's bleak.

I was simply stating it is there and I would like to see more of it as well.

We get it, you are over him.  Why are you torturing yourself by trying to talk about him constantly?  If it's "depressing" you then perhaps find something else to talk about?  

The people on here that are the most anti-Bryce are the ones who want to constantly talk about him.  Just take a look at the top posters on this topic.  

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

This is completely irrelevant and not material. 

His line is they're going to have to throw a bunch at him to see what sticks, implying that after a year of tape they can't say with certainty if he has any strengths. Talking about how he plants his back foot is literally talking about what throws he can comfortably make. 

None of this is "route concepts" or whatever. They're literally working just the tree. 

After one year in the NFL, the panthers head coach is saying they don't know which of the basic throws their QB can make. 

This is not complicated. 

That’s your version of what’s being implied. Mine is he’s working with a second year QB he’s never worked with before, so he’s going to throw a lot at him to see what he does best. He’s getting to know his new QB. Nothing more, nothing less. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I was simply stating it is there and I would like to see more of it as well.

We get it, you are over him.  Why are you torturing yourself by trying to talk about him constantly?  If it's "depressing" you then perhaps find something else to talk about?  

The people on here that are the most anti-Bryce are the ones who want to constantly talk about him.  Just take a look at the top posters on this topic.  

I said your argument was depressing me not the conversation.

Seeing more should be the floor given all that we heard about his background and especially in comparison to Stroud who had his character baseless questioned . It's about consistency. Hey how about go to your fellow rookie WR Jonathan Mingo and setup some time to practice together so you will both be better for it.

The so called "anti Bryce" talk is nothing more than expecting a basic level of accountability that is being expected of players like Mingo who I just mentioned and whom we also did not forfiet significant assets to acquire.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

Because he may not have had coaching from professional coaches? i don't know and i don't know how rudimentary the teaching is, but i do know that it's open to interpretation based on what canales is saying and it's very easy to make the jump to he's having to be retaught everything from the very start for someone who thinks he's a garbage QB anyways. 

every QB can be and should be taught and retaught some fundamentals from time to time to get them back on track when some bad habits have formed over time.  

he had nfl coaching at bama

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he had nfl coaching at bama

so some bad habits got picked up along the way or other things allowed to slide...i don't know.

what's the big deal in saying that a new pro QB has some things that needs to be corrected? 

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

so some bad habits got picked up along the way or other things allowed to slide...i don't know.

what's the big deal in saying that a new pro QB has some things that needs to be corrected? 

Because we gave up a poo load to get him and our crack front office said he was the most pro ready qb since luck or some such and to add insult to injury Stroud has absolutely flawless mechanics