• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PRIORITIZED Needs as of 3/28/2024

MHS831

On 3/28/2024 at 6:37 PM, *FreeFua* said:

WR 

C

TE

In that order but C is a massive need. 

If we draft a TE it's going to have to be a unique situation where our prioritized positions have already been addressed and the value at other positions aren't there.  One of the weakest TE drafts in recent memory and the Panthers may finally take a swing on one.  Spot on for this struggling franchise.  I've been beating this drum since the 2018 draft and NOW I'm saying it's cool if we skip TE this draft cycle because of how thin it is. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

On 3/30/2024 at 7:10 AM, carpanfan96 said:

You expect 3 day 1 starters from a draft with no first round pick? 

NFL hit rate after round 1 goes down hard. 3rd round picks are like 20% odds to find a starter. 

I seriously doubt that we hit on all 3, I just meant that starters are commonly found at those positions. It would be nice though, wouldn't it?

On 3/30/2024 at 10:00 PM, WUnderhill said:

We’re talking about Centers, not pass rushers. Top centers go late first/early second; it’s not a shallow center class if you’re drafting the #2 center at the top of the second.

The post I replied to was 1-2 C, ILB and TE. I agree with you that top Cs go later, which is why I wanted one of the many good C/Gs over Little but that was also a deep IOL class. In this class, I’d still defer to WR versus the C/ILB/TE available in this draft. My example was edge because edge was mentioned often in here and the 2nd and 3rd edge rushers were a guy we drafted and a guy we just picked up against the backdrop of the last WR draft that I’d compare to this one. Trying to give an apples to apples comparison where you can’t just assume 1-3 at one position will be better than 4-7 at another.

22 hours ago, strato said:

It isn’t like trying to upgrade starters on a playoff team, they should get 3 players who can be upgrades. 33 may as well be a 1st and 39... both should provide help. 

Exactly #33 should truly be BPA If the WR's they like are gone do not reach for one Morgan can't be afraid to take a CB or EDGE or C or LB

• Beer 1

i have a really hard time believing that Ickey is the future at LT after last seasons performance in pass protection.i was hoping that the Panthers brass would take note of his aforementioned struggles  at LT & slide Ickey inside to play guard where it seems to be a better fit for his particular skill set.however after breaking the bank for the new  additions of Lewis & Hunt that is unfortunately nothing more than a pipe dream at this point...just saying