• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PRIORITIZED Needs as of 3/28/2024

MHS831

Oops

Offense (22)

Left Tackle

Left Guard

Center

Right Guard

Right Tackle

Ickey Ekwonu

Damien Lewis

Austin Corbett

Robert Hunt

Taylor Moton

Yosh Nijman

Brady Christesen

Cade Mays

Brady Christesen

Yosh Nijman

Brady Christesen

Cade Mays

Brady Christensen 

Cade Mays

Brady Christesen

Chandler Zavala

Wide Receiver

Running Back

Quarterback

Tight End

Diontae Johnson

Chuba Hubbard

Bryce Young

Tommy Tremble

Miles Sanders

Andy Dalton

Ian Thomas

Adam Thielen

Stephen Sullivan

Jonathan Mingo

R. Blackshear

I Smith-Marsette

T Marshall Jr

Defense (23)

Jack Linebacker

Defensive End

Defensive Tackle

Defensive End

Sam Linebacker

Jadav Clowney

Derrick Brown

Shy Tuttle

A’Shwn Robinson

DJ Wonnum

Amare Barno

Raeq Williams

Nick Thurmond

LaBryan Ray

DJ Johnson

K'Lvon Chaisson

Eku Leota

Cornerback

Will LB

Mike LB

Nickel

Cornerback

JC Horn

Shaq Thompson

Josey Jewell

Troy Hill

Dane Jackson

Chan.  Wooten

Dicaprio Bootle

Strong Safety

Free Safety

Jordan Fuller

Xavier Woods

Jammi Robinson

Sam Franklin

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I mean we fixed our OL….by moving a meh OG into the starting C spot.  Not sure the OL is fixed yet. Think they still got some work in FA there.   Draft isn’t going to solve that.  

I’d feel better with an option B at center competing with a Corbett. 

• Pie 7

If the OLB/Edge guys weren’t “coached up” wouldn’t it stand to reason that guys like Mingo and Tremble also will benefit from some coaching?  

Evero has done his job better than most everyone else in the building and now we have some guys on the other side of the ball that can teach as well.  

I’m curious to see how good this chicken salad can actually be given the ingredients on hand.

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

I mean we fixed our OL….by moving a meh OG into the starting C spot.  Not sure the OL is fixed yet. Think they still got some work in FA there.   Draft isn’t going to solve that.  

I’d feel better with an option B at center competing with a Corbett.  Comparable talent. 

The question I had to ask: Is C depth more important than ILB or CB depth?  Realistically, you cannot expect any draft to address more than 3 needs, but I included 4.  I agree with you, however.

• Pie 1

I'm not a Clemson fan, but would kicking the tires on Isaiah Simmons as a depth/Chinn-type find a role in Evero's defense? 25 years old and can be depth at that hybrid LB/SAF spot. 

Would be cheap and if he looks lost, we cut him in August.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, L-TownCat said:

If the OLB/Edge guys weren’t “coached up” wouldn’t it stand to reason that guys like Mingo and Tremble also will benefit from some coaching?  

Evero has done his job better than most everyone else in the building and now we have some guys on the other side of the ball that can teach as well.  

I’m curious to see how good this chicken salad can actually be given the ingredients on hand.

I think the staff was good, but I saw no signs that Campen was coaching anyone (OL).  I think having veterans like Burns, Haynes, YGM caused these coaches to focus on their jobs---and in an environment where you are building the future, you are more willing to spend more time developing the younger players.  I am just speculating.

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The question I had to ask: Is C depth more important than ILB or CB depth?  Realistically, you cannot expect any draft to address more than 3 needs, but I included 4.  I agree with you, however.

I think figuring out if Bryce is the plan past this season and fixing the O…..is the most important thing in 2024.   I don’t care about winning some random this year.  Record doesn’t matter 

We don’t know if we even have a legit starter at C.  So it’s competition I want for that.  Loser is depth 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

I think you have to sign Gilmore and push CB to 2025. 

WR, LB, C  in the first 3 rounds unless an absolute steal of a DE falls to us.  I’d be against double dipping WR in the second. We have to spread the talent around. 

We also need some considerations for what TEs could be available. 

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 3

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I realize a lot of folks will be screaming for center, but I do not see the front office seeing that as a necessity.  I think they feel it is covered.

And I think there's the mistake. Perfect chance the grab the best center available to grow up with the QB.