• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Rome Odunze Falling?

Just now, rayzor said:

Yeah that's the weird thing to me. What can these guys possibly do to raise or lower their "stock"?

It's all completely speculative in behalf of the draftniks who all feed off each other's takes.

Mingo apparently had a great interview with us last year prompted the front office to over draft him.   I think interviewing is one thing but most guys have 2-4 years of game film do go off of.  I think the interviewing part is overrated and can easily be manipulated   

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah that's the weird thing to me. What can these guys possibly do to raise or lower their "stock"?

It's all completely speculative in behalf of the draftniks who all feed off each other's takes.

Yep, all the chatter just means less and less and gets more and more inaccurate as we get closer to the draft.  Look every year at qbs.  As the draft gets closer every year there are qbs that supposedly are raising more and more and then when the draft gets here thats hardly ever the case. 

• Pie 1

I think this board needs to put more respect on Mock Draft Simulators - they are VERY accurate.  Look at this one I did recently.  Keep in mind every trade I made was offered to me and I did not have forced trades on.  Clearly the algorithms are solid:

image.thumb.png.e9dfe3102f97a61136c798b29b03ea65.png

I also picked up 16 more picks in next year's draft ranging from rounds 2-7.

• Flames 2

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Mingo apparently had a great interview with us last year prompted the front office to over draft him.   I think interviewing is one thing but most guys have 2-4 years of game film do go off of.  I think the interviewing part is overrated and can easily be manipulated   

True and you can say the same thing about the combine.  it's overrated as poo.

In all facts of life some people know how to manipulate evaluations of all kinds.

I know people who interviewed well who don't know poo and those who interviewed poorly and missed out on jobs that they should have had. I know people who test well and are idiots and people who are brilliant but just suck at taking tests.

The only thing that really matters is the tape. You can gauge true performance and true progress if there's several years worth.

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Yep, all the chatter just means less and less and gets more and more inaccurate as we get closer to the draft.  Look every year at qbs.  As the draft gets closer every year there are qbs that supposedly are raising more and more and then when the draft gets here thats hardly ever the case. 

Now I know there are draftniks with connections who are getting fed stuff from insiders, but every bit of information is suspect. It all comes with an agenda and these draftniks are getting played, not that they are all that concerned because it gives them clicks. So I guess it's us who ultimately get played because we dig into this poo take it seriously thinking that we're educated.

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Now I know there are draftniks with connections who are getting fed stuff from insiders, but every bit of information is suspect. It all comes with an agenda and these draftniks are getting played, not that they are all that concerned because it gives them clicks. So I guess it's us who ultimately get played because we dig into this poo take it seriously thinking that we're educated.

This^. Mock Drafts are meaningless for predicting how the draft will fall. It's just a way to waste your time and ro play into the media hype machine.  

Get the list of top 5 players at each position coming out and hope your team gets as many of those players as they can. That's all you need to worry about. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, chknwing said:

this was the 1st round

PFN_Draft_result_1712589095480.png

It does prove that we are likely to get a player with potential first-round talent.  Since need is a factor, it is possible that a few players from this list will be there.

Edited by MHS831

One thing about these rankings is who decides them? I mean there's a consensus, but it's just media consensus, right? And by consensus, I mean kind of sort of consensus.

Like who decides who the best players are? Who ranks them? Who's ranking do we go by? Is it all some hype machine? (Yes, it is)

And when we shout "just draft the BPA" who's list are we using?

Who decides who gets picked too early or falls below where they should have gotten drafted? Who decides where they should be drafted?

Snl Owl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

One thing about these rankings is who decides them? I mean there's a consensus, but it's just media consensus, right? And by consensus, I mean kind of sort of consensus.

Like who decides who the best players are? Who ranks them? Who's ranking do we go by? Is it all some hype machine? (Yes, it is)

And when we shout "just drafy the BPA" who's list are we using?

Who decides who gets picked too early or falls below where they should have gotten drafted? Who decides where they should be drafted?

Snl Owl GIF by Saturday Night Live

It's a conspiracy to convince you the sky is falling I tell ya. The next the you know dogs and cats will be fornicating with each other.