• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Athletic’s 2024 3 Round Mock Draft

3 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

https://theathletic.com/5394632/2024/04/08/nfl-mock-draft-2024-quarterbacks-drake-maye/?source=user_shared_article

Not bad but based on this mock my perfect draft would be:

#33 - Darius Robinson Edge/DE/Mizzou Jackson Powers-Johnson/C/Oregon (depends on which one Detroit goes with)

#39 -  Xavier Legette/WR/UofSC

#65 -Peyton Wilson/LB/NCST

This feels like a trap draft to me. Robinson’s measurables at the combine weren’t good. He was slow. JPJ is likely gone. Legette to me feels like another of the same that hasn’t worked and Wilson is 24 in 2 weeks with a very bad injury history. I look at this draft and feel like I’m a year or two we’d be disappointed with the real results. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the dude from WV is supposed to be good but I dont know, I do know however that P-J is an animal and I seriously doubt he goes past pitt.

My impression of him is that he is very strong--will not be bull rushed and great in the run game, but he might lack the mobility needed for the offense--that is speculation until I see the offense and the full skill set of the Center--but I don't pick him in mocks based on that assumption.  Anyone with more knowledge should chime in here.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, chknwing said:

can we just forget drafting a center in round 2.  its not happening.  Carolina is not going to let a center sit for a year and there not putting a rookie center in front of Bryce in a year he needs to prove he can play in this league.  The front office has done everything this offseason to protect Bryce, they will not toss in an unknown in the most important spot for Bryce.

Don’t forget Corbett is in the last year of his contact and coming off 2 major knee injuries. It would be prudent to draft his replacement this year if possible to keep continuity on the OL going into next season and beyond. 

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

I’m confused, didn’t OP say the names he listed would be his mock, not the Athletic’s? Anybody know who the Athletic mocked?

Here you go:

#33 WR Xavier Worthy Texas 

#39 DE Darius Robinson Missouri 

#65 TE Theo Johnson Penn State 

• Beer 1