• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damione Lewis Probability

unicar15

I have seen/heard a lot of fans questioning our ability at DT after the cuts but did anyone catch the rotoworld report when he got cut? If not, here it is:

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=362

I'm sure that this is Hurney's plan. He inserted that roster bonus so we could cut him without penalty (if the cap were still in place) and then resign him to a cheaper market-value deal. I hope this is the case because outside of the top few DTs in the draft (all 1st rounders) I don't see anyone I like. Lewis is a solid role player and I'm sure he'd like to come back and play for us if he doesn't get a better offer.

I already threw it out there.. Brayton, Lewis, and L Johnson could be coming back...

perhaps Johnson is gone already... I dont remember, nor do I care.. but it doesn't sound so crazy anymore by this post.. It must be true now that someone made a thread on it. :)

I already threw it out there.. Brayton, Lewis, and L Johnson could be coming back...

perhaps Johnson is gone already... I dont remember, nor do I care.. but it doesn't sound so crazy anymore by this post.. It must be true now that someone made a thread on it. :)

L.Johnson already signed with the Lions & we know Brayton already signed to come back last week. I hope you already know this or just playing around. :boxing_smiley:

I'd really like to see Lewis back. IMO he's been the most underrated player on the D the last couple seasons. He doesn't have the size or talent to be an elite DT but he has the effort and drive to be a very solid contributor. I never recall seeing him dogging it or not pursuing a ball carrier downfield. I like the way he plays.

Brayton is back already, Johnson signed a one-year deal with Detroit.

Whoops, got beat to the punch.

Lewis is a good DT but he was just getting payed way too much for what he did. I really wish we could get Diggs back but I doubt that would happen cause he prob would beat out everyone else at LB and they want Connor to step up.

We have Johnson, Irvin, Tyler, and Leonard....with Brayton being able to slide in on passing downs.

I doubt we carry 5 true DT's next season. Tehrefore, signing Lewis would mean letting one of the above go. I just don't see that happening.

Hayden not included? we could drop his ass.. or did I miss him being released?

Archived