• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

17 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it's plays like this where I'm like, Bryce isn't throwing that. Not enough separation

He can throw a slant though. This guy has the YAC, some speed and power that I have not seen in Mingo nor Marshall.

• Flames 1

25 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Nope.  My dream was AD Mitchell.  Boom or bust prospect that has a higher ceiling and could do it all potentially with no real holes.  2nd choice was Ladd who has some concerns but has elite route running and quickness.   What elite skills would you say Legette has?

I liked him too. Was leaning that way but I think this guy might better fit what the Panthers are going to have to become if they want to have any chance at success. 

Edited by strato

20 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Morgan and Canales list off the traits they liked in their presser. have you watched it?

I asked whar elite trait/s does he have?  Not what do they like.

5 minutes ago, strato said:

He can throw a slant though. This guy has the YAC, some speed and power that I have not seen in Mingo nor Marshall.

the guy is just a flat out baller that we haven't seen in TMJ or Mingo. Mingo might do better in year two, but i'm not holding my breath there. 

i think that with XL's particular skill sets he will be a good bit more of a impact player than mingo was.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I think the haters need to take a page from Taylor Kelse and "Calm Down".  XL is going to be alright because our HC and OC truly have a vision for him.  Last year's coaching staff had no formidable plan on offense, and honestly, I don't feel that Reich was prepared to coach up rookies.  Canalas is a natural teacher.  XL will be like Debo in the NFL.  He will have an effect on the game, just not in a "traditional" way.  If you are exceptionally worried about his "one year" stats consider this.....

2021 USC QB STATS

image.thumb.png.0acebc97675a9096b2e29d4bd7b4d7e3.png

2022 USC QB Stats

image.thumb.png.f04fe9574e87955a54e46852fd51fb9b.png

His first two years at USC he hardly had elite QB play.  Rattler's first year was nothing to write home about either.  Good pick if you can develop players.  XL has all the potential in the world.  I was really hoping that "Sticky" Ricky would be around in the 3rd for us, but SF knows how good he is.  John Lynch has a little experience evaluating WR's

29 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it's plays like this where I'm like, Bryce isn't throwing that. Not enough separation

Yep.  And going to be even less seperation in the NFL with more athletic and most likely bigger corners on him.  This isnt the flex highlight they think it is, its actually the opposite.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Yep.  And going to be even less seperation in the NFL with more athletic and most likely bigger corners on him.  This isnt the flex highlight they think it is, its actually the opposite.

You don't think a highlight showing his ability to go up and snag an underthrown ball while being blanketed will be relevant to his time as a Panther?

• Beer 3

30 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Sure he will. It's a soft, underthrown mid-deepish lob. That's a Bryce specialty.

• Pie 2

I am not trashing Mingo I think this new guy can run away from more people. You get a versatile RB, and put WRs out there that the defense has to account for every one of them, we might find some more slack to attack. I haven’t really bitched about the WRs we have but they didn’t scare anyone. Not a single one that we have. 

I don’t how it will work out but I see this dude 10-15 yards downfield winning jump balls and breaking a tackle or two on some of them. I just think he can be physically stronger than these cornerbacks, and he has the jets too. And good hands. 

I don’t know how smart he is, or needs to be for that matter but I think his challenges will come more on the mental side. 

Edited by strato

8 minutes ago, travisura said:

You don't think a highlight showing his ability to go up and snag an underthrown ball while being blanketed will be relevant to his time as a Panther?

Im saying you cant say because he did it against a random college kid that he will do it against an NFL cb.  There is a huge difference most of the time.  WRs whos highlights in college are all contested catches hardly ever make it in the nfl.

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

Im saying you cant say because he did it against a random college kid that he will do it against an NFL cb.  There is a huge difference most of the time.  WRs whos highlights in college are all contested catches hardly ever make it in the nfl.

They all lack something. And beating college guys, no doubt even the best college players beast up with a year and an offseason in the NFL. You ain’t playing the college version of them again, that is gone.