• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

I think it’s underselling XL a bit by saying he’s only a deep threat. He runs a killer stop route (helped by his deep threat ability) and he is absolutely lethal on crossing routes and slants. This MFer can run and once he catches the ball with some momentum he could be gone. I think I remember him hitting the season record in terms of in-game top speed last year? But yeah, he doesn’t have combine speed, actual game speed.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I think it’s underselling XL a bit by saying he’s only a deep threat. He runs a killer stop route (helped by his deep threat ability) and he is absolutely lethal on crossing routes and slants. This MFer can run and once he catches the ball with some momentum he could be gone. I think I remember him hitting the season record in terms of in-game top speed last year? But yeah, he doesn’t have combine speed, actual game speed.

Fastest clocked time in game at like 22.3 mph on some Tyreek Hill game speed. This is a fact so game speed might really show his elite speed once we get him in good situations like on time passes where he can turn and take off.

14 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I like these angles on the XL highlights better than the stuff I saw pre-draft, routes/stiffness not as rough as I remember thinking from the tv angles

first, i loved watching those clips without hearing those commentators. just the sound of the action and the crowd. 

second, i'm just excited watching all of those guys. Wallace and Barrett were really fun to watch. 

but for those angles, there were plays that i had watched several times of XL, Brooks, and Sanders that showed a completely different vantage point that made them look even more impressive. 

i think we've got some good ones in this draft.

So I was looking for any Wallace vs Legette in these clips. Nothing in Wallace’s highlights. I found him imn a Legette TD but he was on the backside it was away from him. 

Probably a good thing I can’t find them, and have to work through them making each other look good/bad.

Edited by strato

13 hours ago, BombzAway said:

Interesting article on stat predicting bust WR's....

Of course it paints their guy in a good light but our guys not too great.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/04/30/ny-jets-malachi-corley-draft-stat/

That is extremely interesting.

I am big on data so I love stuff like this.

Why do we keep drafting these kinds of dudes?

2 hours ago, strato said:

So I was looking for any Wallace vs Legette in these clips. Nothing in Wallace’s highlights. I found him imn a Legette TD but he was on the backside it was away from him. 

Probably a good thing I can’t find them, and have to work through them making each other look good/bad.

Other tricky thing about one year of production is we don't know how he looks against any current NFL CB's. Closest I could find