• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jonathan Brooks RB - 46th Pick, Round 2

7 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Anyone remember Riggo and the Hogs? They would run rough shot over today's 230lb linebackers and your $150 million edges like Burns. Maybe Canales is the Messiah. Run Riggo run, then chunk it deep for Arty Monk!

In 1980 the linebackers were 220lbs - 230lbs and the defensive tackles were 260-270.

Riggins would get dropped quickly

On 4/30/2024 at 9:20 AM, frankw said:

Bootlicking like you're getting paid for it isn't any better.

That term doesn't mean what you think it does apparently.

4 hours ago, csx said:

That term doesn't mean what you think it does apparently.

Ironically I was just reading a thread from 2021 about Scott Fitterer's first offseason and lo and behold guess who was there trying to portray me as a no fun allowed hater because I wanted to actually see the new GM produce some results that turn into winning football before crowning him?

It was you on your last account @Moo Daeng

Here's a word for ya my guy.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

Ironically I was just reading a thread from 2021 about Scott Fitterer's first offseason and lo and behold guess who was there trying to portray me as a no fun allowed hater because I wanted to actually see the new GM produce some results that turn into winning football before crowning him?

It was you on your last account @Moo Daeng

Here's a word for ya my guy.

spacer.png

Come on now. You now that anything other than bubbling optimism, even if it's just a level-headed stance suggesting that only time will tell, is just pure hate. 

In all seriousness though there is way less idiotic Pollyanna roses-and-sunshine this year. A few still around, sure, but I think the reality of last year (that some of us saw as a very strong possibility...) really shattered some illusions for some folks. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Come on now. You now that anything other than bubbling optimism, even if it's just a level-headed stance suggesting that only time will tell, is just pure hate. 

In all seriousness though there is way less idiotic Pollyanna roses-and-sunshine this year. A few still around, sure, but I think the reality of last year (that some of us saw as a very strong possibility...) really shattered some illusions for some folks. 

For sure the takes this go around are much more realistic and less prone to simple blind faith. There is optimism but it is about the additions we've made that are being done differently. We are acquiring talent and young talent not low end projects and overpaying to do so.

And the fact that so many people are expressing concern about the center position shows the fanbase is finally learning.

As I've said before we all want the same thing. There is nothing wrong with difference of opinion. Even with csx we can give each other grief but I've got no beef with him on the whole he's just as committed to the team as me or anyone else. But no one is required to pledge fealty to any coach front office member or owner of this team. For some reason others borderline expect that. I don't get it. But to each his own.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

The point being is if everyone is throwing, then build a running team. When they zig you zag.

There is something to that in the big picture. Some defense will be concocted that slows down the latest offensive trend and the pendulum swings for a while.

Seems like the running game comes up big in those periods of change. Things go back to fundamentals. 

3 hours ago, strato said:

There is something to that in the big picture. Some defense will be concocted that slows down the latest offensive trend and the pendulum swings for a while.

Seems like the running game comes up big in those periods of change. Things go back to fundamentals. 

The running game is necessary in the playoffs. I thinknits important in every game but its almost mandatory to advance in the playoffs. If you cannot run the ball the edge rushers just tee off on your qb.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The running game is necessary in the playoffs. I thinknits important in every game but its almost mandatory to advance in the playoffs. If you cannot run the ball the edge rushers just tee off on your qb.

And you are facing better defenses the deeper you go, you have to keep them honest. 

• Beer 1