• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Michael Barrett, LB, Michigan Pick 240, Round 7

MHS831

Please pin this along with the UNDRAFTED Free Agent Threads--PLEASE

32004241-5264-4416-4dc4-963691874a66.thumb.webp.ee97f58ecd0accc3af72ef1e2aa4beda.webp

Six-year Wolverine who has shown steady improvement over the last two or three years. Barrett lacks ideal size to take on big blockers and doesn't play proactively enough to stay ahead of blockers. His lateral burst to pursue bounce-wide runs is just average, but when he lines up his target, he can be a ferocious striker and wrap-up tackler. Barrett's anticipation and instincts leave too much to be desired, but he might have enough cover talent and special teams ability to fight for a roster spot as a nickel/dime linebacker.

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm kinda iffy on these defensive picks in this draft . 🤔 

1 minute ago, Future of the Funchise said:

Me too. I'm ok with all the offensive picks, but the defensive picks kinda have me scratching my head. I think it's likely they are scheme fits for Evero and guys he really wanted.

He's a 7th rounder, probably going to play STs and nothing more. Not flashy, but needed to fill out a roster.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Future of the Funchise said:

Me too. I'm ok with all the offensive picks, but the defensive picks kinda have me scratching my head. I think it's likely they are scheme fits for Evero and guys he really wanted.

Didn't that happen with DJ Johnson too? Evero might be a good coach but not sure if I trust his talent evaluation abilities