• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An analysis of Brooks from The Fantasy Footballers provides possible insight as to why he's worth the price paid

TD alt

On 4/29/2024 at 8:37 AM, electro's horse said:

Brooks is a fuging monster and not a need at all. He reminds me of Stewart when we already had DeAngelo. yeah holy poo this guy rules but why did we draft him?

i kinda love it. 

also full disclosure i was accidentally tripping balls during the second round. like it came on so fast and so hard i barely got to the couch in time or i would have had a floor night. 

when they drafted him, I was peaking and one of my favorite songs was hitting its crescendo and i had almost a religious experience so he's basically my favorite player of all time now. 

How was RB not a need? We have Miles Sanders who was awful last year and Chuba Hubbard who averaged 3.8 ypc last year. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up keeping 4 RB's with the new kickoff rules with Blackshear being the primary KR.

Canales has said over and over that he intends to run the ball, and then run it some more.

Brooks is the best RB prospect in the class, and it is a need.

We may never have a RB quite as dynamic as CMC again, but Hubbard, Sanders, & Brooks is a quality group.

We should be able to get production from that group if the Oline does their jobs.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, toldozer said:

Not as insane as trading him for peanuts when the cost was already sunk

i don't remember anyone thinking the panthers didn't get good value for him

he was coming off multiple injury plagued years and his contract was seen as an albatross

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

i don't remember anyone thinking the panthers didn't get good value for him

he was coming off multiple injury plagued years and his contract was seen as an albatross

That albatross still hung around our neck. We paid 20 million in dead cap for a second round pick and lost cmc.

Paid 16 million in dead cap for moore to be traded to Chicago

Owed burns nothing but wouldn't trade him for 2 first round picks. Shitterer was beyond the most incompetent gm I've ever seen.

12 hours ago, Seltzer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up keeping 4 RB's with the new kickoff rules with Blackshear being the primary KR.

Canales has said over and over that he intends to run the ball, and then run it some more.

Brooks is the best RB prospect in the class, and it is a need.

We may never have a RB quite as dynamic as CMC again, but Hubbard, Sanders, & Brooks is a quality group.

We should be able to get production from that group if the Oline does their jobs.

If XL returns kicks they can cut Blackshear with no dead money.  Makes no sense to carry 4 rbs