• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Rags Round 2 Game 2 Tuesday 7PM

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

For what it’s worth, the last time we played the Rangers in the postseason, they were the one’s in a 2-0 hole and they dug their way out. I guess it’s our turn.

Inspire Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

Believe Angels In The Outfield GIF

al recording GIF

The Rags were up 2-0 on new jersey last year....

The Caps were up 2-0 on us in 2019!!!

Those were road losses....

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Yeah benches Kuz, but leaves Anderson out there. Two bad decisions that hurt us.

I get it was to combat Rempe but seriously why even bother. The dude doesn’t hardly plays once the rags shorten their bench. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

I get it was to combat Rempe but seriously why even bother. The dude doesn’t hardly plays once the rags shorten their bench. 

It was stupid even in game one he had Drury in on the PP over Kuzy...

• Beer 1

I’m feeling better about it today. We can still come out of this, just need to bounce back at home and go back to MSG with some momentum. 

PP needs some major work. Time to replace burns with TDA on PP1 imo. Or just roll with 5 forwards. 

• Beer 1

We had every opportunity to win despite the refs obviously tilting the game.  Tic tac calls on us all night while they are punching and boarding with no calls.  Pro sports are just a popularity contest.

Our PP is trash right now.  We are just playing catch and trying to be cute. Kuzy and Noesen being out is a huge wtf

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

I’m feeling better about it today. We can still come out of this, just need to bounce back at home and go back to MSG with some momentum. 

PP needs some major work. Time to replace burns with TDA on PP1 imo. Or just roll with 5 forwards. 

Burns isn’t the issue on PP1. Aho is, as much as I hate to say it. The dude is not finding his outlets and just going to the blue line way too much. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Burns isn’t the issue on PP1. Aho is, as much as I hate to say it. The dude is not finding his outlets and just going to the blue line way too much. 

Agreed he's just not pulling the trigger on time either....

Which is crazy because he had 3 even strength assists last night. The rags aren't doing anything crazy on the kill it's just a standard 4 man stationary box.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, PantherChris said:

The Canes will defend home ice....

It won't be home ice. I guarantee that the arena will be half Rags fans as Canes fans are selling their seats as we speak after losing the first 2.

Look, facts are facts. The Rags aren't that good 5v5. They are a 2-line team and can't match the Canes speed. But all of that is nullified by bad penalties and horrible officiating. You can only control one of those. And, unfortunately, the Canes vaunted PK has gone missing. It's not unlike any other post season in the last 6 years- seems the Canes always leave some part of their game off the plane, whether it's goaltending, scoring or special teams. 

I don't see the Canes winning 4 of the next 5, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if they take both at home, but I'm not anticipating it. I've resigned myself to the fact I can go to Canes games during the season and watch them play good hockey and win a lot of games. But when it comes to the post season, all bets are off.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We used to win every  OT playoffs game and now it seems we can’t win one to save our life going back to Florida.   

The Canes are 9-8 in OT playoff games going back to Bill Peter's last year as head coach.

• Pie 1