• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Rags Round 2 Game 2 Tuesday 7PM

1 hour ago, PantherChris said:

Agreed he's just not pulling the trigger on time either....

Which is crazy because he had 3 even strength assists last night. The rags aren't doing anything crazy on the kill it's just a standard 4 man stationary box.

The power play was elite when we would cycle around.  Cycle cycle cycle.  In this series, no one is moving, its pass pass pass pass above the blue line.  No one is moving.  We were watching the game last night with one of the parents that has a kids that plays in the canes program and he we talked about this example.  No one is trying to get beside the net or cycle.  Its turning the power play into power pass...

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

It won't be home ice. I guarantee that the arena will be half Rags fans as Canes fans are selling their seats as we speak after losing the first 2.

Look, facts are facts. The Rags aren't that good 5v5. They are a 2-line team and can't match the Canes speed. But all of that is nullified by bad penalties and horrible officiating. You can only control one of those. And, unfortunately, the Canes vaunted PK has gone missing. It's not unlike any other post season in the last 6 years- seems the Canes always leave some part of their game off the plane, whether it's goaltending, scoring or special teams. 

I don't see the Canes winning 4 of the next 5, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if they take both at home, but I'm not anticipating it. I've resigned myself to the fact I can go to Canes games during the season and watch them play good hockey and win a lot of games. But when it comes to the post season, all bets are off.

Il be there Thursday and Friday but my hopes are all but tempered.  ill cheer and all that good stuff, but yeah, not looking forward to seeing cary come out in full force.  

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Can we really talk about Freddie?  He had some nice saves last night but he is letting in 3-4 goals a game over the last 3-4 games.  His save % is .809ish.  We we need the timely save, we aren't getting it.   It's firmly time to move to the kid.  Koochie needs to inject some life in this team.  

Edited by KingKucci
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, KingKucci said:

Il be there Thursday and Friday but my hopes are all but tempered.  ill cheer and all that good stuff, but yeah, not looking forward to seeing cary come out in full force.  

Hate to say it but the crowd doesn't have much effect home games are decided by the last change 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

We will be fine. Get these next 2. Our guys are resilient and care. They will come out flying around tomorrow. 

I think we take these home games, if Pesce is back it helps the pk a log.

It's not like they blew us out (which for the past two post seasons we got blown out by everyone on the road) we have 3 home games left and two more shots to steal one this ain't over yet.

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

League needs to suspend him. That elbow comes up even if it misses. 

I won't wish I'll on him. But, it would have been epically hilarious if he had paralyzed himself trying to injure another player!

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Pressure is certainly on. Guess the canes aren’t practicing today or they haven’t announced it. 

Practice what, exactly? Passing the puck 5v4 around the perimeter and taking shots from distance with no net front? I'd say they've got that down pretty well. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Anybodyhome said:

Practice what, exactly? Passing the puck 5v4 around the perimeter and taking shots from distance with no net front? I'd say they've got that down pretty well. 

Practice not doing that would probably be a good start.