• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB power rankings

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I dunno, I’d put Bryce over Bo Nix. #30 sounds right. 

I agree, but Id also have Daniel Jones over young, so he'd still be #31.

I take that back, Id have young over JJ as well, so 30 it is....

I also think Murray was hit hard and Im no fan.

Edited by Basbear

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I remember when Justin Herbert was top 3 as a rookie

btw, these lists are used to generate talk and clicks.

Yep a true off-season topic, much like "name your mount rushmore panthers!!" 

Im a herbo fan, but no chance I'd place him in the top 3 as a rookie. No rookie gets that, not even golden boy luck. This league humbles all, especially QBs. You go to earn it after the defenses find your weakness and they will. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im a herbo fan, but no chance I'd place him in the top 3 as a rookie. No rookie gets that, not even golden boy luck. This league humbles all, especially QBs. You go to earn it after the defenses find your weakness and they will. 

There was a time when these list came out that you wouldn't include any rookies but that doesn't cause near as much discord.

I feel for Herbert because I think he's kinda got that Cam time line where there are things outside his control holding him back.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

There was a time when these list came out that you wouldn't include any rookies but that doesn't cause near as much discord.

I feel for Herbert because I think he's kinda got that Cam time line where there are things outside his control holding him back.

No QB had to play with less than herbo had, he was pulling a Cam for few years. 

Heres some proof- 

GM6EZLXXkAEmgu_.png.56152ac62f4848c33f317d4bc8415f2d.png

"NFL ranks in "Supporting Cast Rating" in terms of average team PFF rush, receiving, pass blocking and run blocking grades (everything except passing) over the past five seasons"

• Pie 2

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Youre so strange

What it boils down to in Panthers country right now is you have two types of folks on the QB front. You have those who reside within some realm of reality and readily will acknowledge what's slapping them in the face. Then you have others that have to warp things to fit into the box they've created to handle the pickle we've put ourselves into. There's nothing wrong with either approach. We all know how tough it is being a local sports fan in this area. But eventually you've gotta remove the shades and get a good look at what's really going on.

Good luck to you my friend!

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, frankw said:

What it boils down to in Panthers country right now is you have two types of folks on the QB front. You have those who reside within some realm of reality and readily will acknowledge what's slapping them in the face. Then you have others that have to warp things to fit into the box they've created to handle the pickle we've put ourselves into. There's nothing wrong with either approach. We all know how tough it is being a local sports fan in this area. But eventually you've gotta remove the shades and get a good look at what's really going on.

Good luck to you my friend!

You assume too much and that will always be your biggest problem. 

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I really can't wrap my head around putting JJ that high above Carr and Brissett, forget Bo Nix.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Brock Purdy #2 is just hilarious.

Literally no one else in that top 10 would trade their guy for Brock Purdy 

I mean, the commentary surrounding Purdy is very similar to the commentary surrounding Brady his first few years. 

All the guy has done is win and he’s only going to get better as time goes on. He may not fit your idea of “Game Breaker” but the results speak for themselves. You’re going to counter with “but Kyle Shanahan” and that plays a role, as does any coach-QB combo. Where would Mahomes be without Andy Reid? Certainly not three super bowls deep. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I mean, the commentary surrounding Purdy is very similar to the commentary surrounding Brady his first few years. 

All the guy has done is win and he’s only going to get better as time goes on. He may not fit your idea of “Game Breaker” but the results speak for themselves. You’re going to counter with “but Kyle Shanahan” and that plays a role, as does any coach-QB combo. Where would Mahomes be without Andy Reid? Certainly not three super bowls deep. 

Brady wasn't surrounded by near the supporting cast that Purdy is. Not even close. The Dolphins are the only other team in the league that's even in the conversation of ha ong that type of overall offensive talent. And I don't see  anyone trying to put Tua as a top two or three QB and rightfully not.

Trying to put Brock Purdy ahead of guys like Lamar, Burrow, and Allen is just absurd in it's face.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He’s what we hoped Bryce would be.  Physically unremarkable but good enough.  Plays smart and does what is needed to win.  For whatever reason people always hate a winner that doesn’t have all the physical potential.  But the other guys people are bringing up have not had the same success.  I don’t know if he’s 2 overall, but he’s good.  Making the right decisions is a lot more important than flashy highlights.

17 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I dunno, I’d put Bryce over Bo Nix. #30 sounds right. 

Yea this ranking means if Bryce doesn't show real improvement we'll be looking for his replacement. We are acquiring weapons down field targets we retain DJ at a good number with him and XL probably making plays this year with JT. We will need a strong arm QB who can hit targets deep consistently. Canales is a big arm QB type of coach his systems have seem to be based off deep passes why would we not try to replicate what makes him successful as a coach. For CJ to be ranked so high and Bryce so low is also putting tremendous pressure on the entire situation he's going to need to step it up in a big way.