• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle was a run heavy team

Toddler or not, average height or not, he will look pretty ridiculous to me standing out there when they give people those huge padded helmets. 

I really would like to just fast forward a year or two. 

36 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Most of the fanbase will be happy with that for the next 5-10 years with how bad things have been since the last SB run. Besides, being mediocre is all this fanbase has ever known, so they'll be doubly comforted.

Eh we've already lost a lot of fans. I rarely see people in Panthers gear as it is.

The funny thing is we didn't truly hit bottom until last season. We at least had some flashes with the likes of Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold.

Tepper did this with his constant desperation and needing to be the smartest guy in the room.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, frankw said:

Eh we've already lost a lot of fans. I rarely see people in Panthers gear as it is.

The funny thing is we didn't truly hit bottom until last season. We at least had some flashes with the likes of Kyle Allen and Sam Darnold.

Tepper did this with his constant desperation and needing to be the smartest guy in the room.

Problem is you're supposed to hit rock bottom before you get your franchise qb, not after..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

I believe many are just looking at this wrong. 

For any to come in here, in what is absolutely an unproven offense, and suggest that we're just going to let our young QB sling it around... that is not a recipe for success.  Don't care who the young QB is.  It is absolutely best to start the season establishishing the run game, and allow Young better opportunities to flourish.  

I know half of you simply thing the kid is already a waste of time. That take is pretty damn pointless at this moment.  It is in the best interest of this team that Young becomes the winner here in the pros that he has been throughout all his playing days. 

I know we're in a passing league. I've heard  that most of you feel a team can't win in the modern NFL with leaning more on the running game. 

All that poo doesn't matter. Without balance,  neither is going to win in the NFL. 

A strong running game has to be respected by opposing defense.  They won't have a choice.  Either commit to stopping it or be ran over, and in the 4th QB their defense will be gassed and worthless.  

Finding true balance will mean the passing game will exceed all expectations for this team.   

When teams rely upon a balanced attack it has been proven time and time again that a good stable of running backs is needed. 

Even elite passing attacks need some threat of a running game. 

This season is going to be a growing season no matter what.  Leaning on the run game is a great way for this team to exceed expectations.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Suppose these men that are scared of shorter QB's will never stop posting their disdain. 

I mean, in fairness, Bryce isn’t just a shorter QB.

I mean, since the 1930s….the only QB Bryce Young was bigger than was Doug Floutie.  That’s 1 QB in league history since the 30s.  

And that might be debatable.  I think Bryce’s official weight was bologna. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, in fairness, Bryce isn’t just a shorter QB.

I mean, since the 1930s….the only QB Bryce Young was bigger than was Doug Floutie.  That’s 1 QB in league history since the 30s.  

And that might be debatable.  I think Bryce’s officially weight was bologna. 

It's a moot point at this point. 

Posted (edited)

If your gonna have a  game manager instead of a franchise QB, you better have a stout running game. I don't think Bryce is a franchise QB.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that is going to be their bread and butter. Passing plays under 25 yards and possession type football.

The long ball isn't in the cards. Run first to set up the pass.

Edited by Jmac

59 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

It's a moot point at this point. 

It’s a moot point in terms of who our starter is going into 2024.  100%.  Outside of that? Think it’s a pretty wide open discussion at this point.  Probably an important one given QB is the most important puzzle piece and all that really matters going forward.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

It’s a moot point in terms of who our starter is going into 2024.  100%.  Outside of that? Think it’s a pretty wide open discussion at this point.  Probably an important one given QB is the most important puzzle piece and all that really matters going forward.  

Look. I don't think Bryce Young's physical stature meets anybody's idea of who their ideal QB is. 

No amount of carrying on about it day in, and day out, is going to change his physical traits. 

This is why I choose to focus on on his strengths.  He does have strengths.  He does have traits that a lot of QBs wish they had. 

Did he have a terrible rookie season? No doubts. Was it on him? Impossible to say. To much of the offense was a damn joke around him to know ifnhe can be competent or not...especially because it was his rookie season. 

• Pie 1