• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs rags rd 2 game 6 7pm Thursday

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Making an assumption based on the idea of having a new coach. 

id expect 5 or 6 changes in top 12 and one pairing on defense being different and a new goalie if rod isn’t back. 

if he is, probably keep as much as possible from this team as they can. 

I'm on board with a new coach..... I just think if you make that assumption you are likely to be disappointed.

For those asking who a new head coach would be, if they aren’t going with a guy who already has a Stanley cup ring, what’s the point? So it’s Craig Berube or Joel Quennville. I think you stick with Rod with a retooled roster next season. If it’s the same result it’s time for a fresh look.  

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

For those asking who a new head coach would be, if they aren’t going with a guy who already has a Stanley cup ring, what’s the point? So it’s Craig Berube or Joel Quennville. I think you stick with Rod with a retooled roster next season. If it’s the same result it’s time for a fresh look.  

The problem is Rod's system has proven not to work in the playoffs and he has proven that he is overly loyal to veterans and won't make adjustments to his system...

He's the type of coach that will succeed in the regular season (like he has), but likely won't in the playoffs unless his players Play above their level. 

Agreed that there aren't many options that I know of available, but I'd rather do the change now than wait another 2 years to realize the same thing

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Does rod take a one year deal when he refused to sign til all of his assistants get paid and raises??? 

I don’t think so. Why I think he’s gone now

4 minutes ago, hepcat said:

That would mean we only offer a 1 year deal, but he has had 6 chances already. We already know how far we can get with him and his assistant. He has to let go of them to see how far we really can go, but its not going to happen. We are in coach purgatory.