• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ProFootballFocus Panthers offseason grade

Firing a head coach after just one year isn’t great, but you could tell there was just no saving the relationship between Frank Reich and owner David Tepper. I am excited about what Dave Canales could be as a head coach, so I’ll remain positive there.

The Panthers lost some big-name players, such as Brian Burns and Frankie Luvu. They also said goodbye to Jeremy Chinn, Bradley Bozeman and Hayden Hurst.

It’s hard to see the fumbling of the Burns situation as anything other than an impactful net negative. However, they did stay aggressive to bring in some good players like Jadeveon Clowney, Robert Hunt, Damien Lewis and Diontae Johnson.

It was tough for the Panthers to make the big draft splash they needed without their original first-round pick, but I believe Xavier Legette and Jonathon Brooks can be early contributors, and Ja’Tavion Sanders could be TE1 at some point.

C+

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

"Winning" the off-season is just something for the pundits to yack about. We'll see how it all plays out on the field.

Yeah "let it play out" is something I promised myself I would do from now on. Main reason I no longer trash Bryce. If he's the guy he will prove it. If he's successful that will translate to the team being successful. We will go as far as Bryce leads us.

Hopefully the team plays much better this year.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah "let it play out" is something I promised myself I would do from now on. Main reason I no longer trash Bryce. If he's the guy he will prove it. If he's successful that will translate to the team being successful. We will go as far as Bryce leads us.

Yeah, he's still gonna be 5'10" with a subpar NFL arm. Can he and Canales find a way to make that work or not? We'll see.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Agreed. Part of letting it play it is just sitting back and seeing how Bryce does this year. I do enjoy the offseason and trying to figure out roster building strategies/philosophies though. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Either he’s our guy or he leads us to a high draft pick to try again. Don’t really care at this point as long as we can finally figure out how to win consistently.