• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

French-born Junior Aho joins Panthers with spirit of "continuer de frapper"

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I have to assume "continuer de frapper" means something along the lines of "continuing to suck".

keep on knocking is what i think it means. that comes from 54 years of not knowing any french. i took french for a semester in 7th grade and then signed back up for a second semester. the first day of class the teacher looked at me and said, "you really don't want to be in here.....do you?" I took the hint and left. i know when i'm not wanted. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

keep on knocking is what i think it means. that comes from 54 years of not knowing any french. i took french for a semester in 7th grade and then signed back up for a second semester. the first day of class the teacher looked at me and said, "you really don't want to be in here.....do you?" I took the hint and left. i know when i'm not wanted. 

I had to take four years of a foreign language in college. Graduating required getting to the literacy level. I literally read Don Quixote and wrote a five page later on it all in Spanish. I can't order a meal at Taco Bell these days. That was all useless.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

In the article it said that is what Aho translated Keep Pounding to in French. 

46 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

In the article it said that is what Aho translated Keep Pounding to in French. 

hmmm...interesting.  probably should have read it.

figured the 'continuer de' would be something like 'continue on' = keep on. it didn't make sense that he would be talking about a frapucinno (though i could understand it on a hot day and that's is where my mind went first for some reason). frap sounded like it would be someone knocking on a door. lucked out on that. 

.....or i googled it. 

i did essentially get kicked out of 2nd semester of french on the first day in 7th grade. teachers didn't like me much back then.  kind of a trend that carried on from 4th through high school in two different states. 

• Flames 1