• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Front Office got into Steve Smiths Head

chknwing

Its obvious that the front office has been drilling the same thing into Steve Smiths head over and over again. They think they have found his successor in Armanti Edwards and want him to take him under his wing. Watching Steve Smith the other night during his interview was sad. To here him say he just wants to fade out. Steve Smith has been the most "in your face" type player for years, hes a guy that I would expect would want to go out on top, but now he wants to fade away. I think management has brain washed Smith into thinking this way. I just wonder how it will affect his game, will he play like he is the best or will he play like hes fading away?

How does it feel to be so obviously wrong? Just wondering.

More so I was referring to Nytrogen. But, it was more of a blanket statement.

It seems the newbs on the board lately have absolutely no understanding for the game of football.

Can I be forgiven since my stance is awareness of my noobiness?

Its obvious that the front office has been drilling the same thing into Steve Smiths head over and over again. They think they have found his successor in Armanti Edwards and want him to take him under his wing. Watching Steve Smith the other night during his interview was sad. To here him say he just wants to fade out. Steve Smith has been the most "in your face" type player for years, hes a guy that I would expect would want to go out on top, but now he wants to fade away. I think management has brain washed Smith into thinking this way. I just wonder how it will affect his game, will he play like he is the best or will he play like hes fading away?

your f**king crazy.. why do people want to make something out of nothing?

the dude ONLY MEANS, he wants to end his career in a Jerome Bettis fashion, not a Brett Favre fashion..

He isn't saying he wants to fade away in some emo state of mind like you f**kers seem to think..

More so I was referring to Nytrogen. But, it was more of a blanket statement.

It seems the newbs on the board lately have absolutely no understanding for the game of football.

thank god, I'm not the only one who wonders where the f**k these threads are coming from...

Pantherclaw, unless you are a psychic, you cant say I am wrong yet. Midway through the season, we can evaluate Smiths performance and you can judge at that time. Until then, stfu, kthx.
you should have done that before you started this stupid thread.

I know I'm one of the newbies that some posters before me have bitched about, and I'm not so stupid as to think that everything I have to say is going to be agreed with by everyone on this board. However, I don't think its fair as members of a public discussion board to make a blanket comment stating that all new comers are football knowledge midgets. Having said that, THIS POST IS THE STUPIDEST THING I've ever read.

I would like to think that the OP was just grasping at straws and trying to connect the dots to a completely off the wall guess in order to make a post that would get some attention. But, surely to God you could have to come up with something better than this complete and total bullshit.

Smith's approach to the game and life have changed, it happens, remember when you stopped just poking at your penis and actually put it into something? Well perhaps not, point is people grow up, their perspectives and values change. That is all. The competitiveness is still inherent in Steve. He will play ball like he always has, except now he will just smile at you, which if it was me would be all the more aggravating.

I know I'm one of the newbies that some posters before me have bitched about, and I'm not so stupid as to think that everything I have to say is going to be agreed with by everyone on this board. However, I don't think its fair as members of a public discussion board to make a blanket comment stating that all new comers are football knowledge midgets. Having said that, THIS POST IS THE STUPIDEST THING I've ever read.

I would like to think that the OP was just grasping at straws and trying to connect the dots to a completely off the wall guess in order to make a post that would get some attention. But, surely to God you could have to come up with something better than this complete and total bullshit.

Smith's approach to the game and life have changed, it happens, remember when you stopped just poking at your penis and actually put it into something? Well perhaps not, point is people grow up, their perspectives and values change. That is all. The competitiveness is still inherent in Steve. He will play ball like he always has, except now he will just smile at you, which if it was me would be all the more aggravating.

And even more than that, he stated that he let people get to him and take him out of his game. His frustration and anger and drive for individual stats and achievements kept him from mentoring others and mostly enjoying the game. We might even see a more productive Smith without all the negativity in the past. As for what caused this? Age, maturity, lots of time with his family. Maybe even upcoming training camp and remembering back to the issue with Ken Lucas might be on his mind. He wants to avoid letting his emotions getting the best of him. He plays best with fire when it is controlled and focused not spewing randomly.

Archived