• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers purge long-time scout Pete Russell

The Saltman

Florio exposed as a fuging idiot again, lolz

Why would it be hard for him to find a job because the draft was recent? If anything it's best to hire him now so he can learn a new teams play style, needs/likes/dislikes/etc, and get to know the rest of the staff early on. Scouting is a year round process. You don't just start the first day of college football season.

If you're going to charge age discrimination - as Florio did - wouldn't it be wise to first check and see whether he was the oldest scout the Panthers have?

You know, check the facts, kind of like a journalist does?

If you charged them with age discrimination, and then found out they still had people even older than him, you'd look pretty ignorant.

I'm just wondering why the scout was released in the first place. I doubt highly about the charge of ageism, as the Panthers aren't dumb enough to even tempt a discrimination case against themselves. I'm betting it was something like a history of recommending the Panthers draft Carruth, Shelton, and Nelson or somesuch.

This is classic Florio, invent a controversy to try and spawn a real controversy so you can get a story out of it. The whole age discrimination thing is totally absurd.

His response is as ridiculous as anything I've read in a while.

He's basically just tryiing to "lawyer it", say that even despite the fact they the guy they let go was 45 and they've kept three older guys (one in his 60s) it's still age discrimination :rolleyes:

(facts be darned)

If he keeps this sort of thing up, there could easily come a point where teams start giving NBC the cold shoulder because of him.

If you're going to charge age discrimination - as Florio did - wouldn't it be wise to first check and see whether he was the oldest scout the Panthers have?

You know, check the facts, kind of like a journalist does?

If you charged them with age discrimination, and then found out they still had people even older than him, you'd look pretty ignorant.

If he was a journalist to begin with, right? I wonder what his sources were for this story? Oh that's right, he didn't have any.

Links to articles written by Florio should be a bannable offense.

Clicking those links supports bad journalism.

I proposed no links to his stuff but people brought up about how the huddle could be sued and such. :rolleyes:

hey guys keep talking about florio it's totally not what he wants

Negative talk about him isn't necessarily what he wants.

Florio exposed as a f**king idiot again, lolz

Why would it be hard for him to find a job because the draft was recent? If anything it's best to hire him now so he can learn a new teams play style, needs/likes/dislikes/etc, and get to know the rest of the staff early on. Scouting is a year round process. You don't just start the first day of college football season.

Don't scouts work for several months of the year compiling information about prospects and such?

Archived