• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happens If 89 goes down with an injury?

Eazy-E

We would be screwed....but so would the Saints if Brees went down...or the Colts if Manning went down.

All that says is that Smitty is critical to our team.

When Brees and Manning get hit it's a mistake. Smitty getting hit is the plan, and he likes it.

Losing a WR shouldn't totally cripple an offense to the point that they can't score whatsoever. Teams should at least have some sort of depth. It's not the same thing as losing a QB.

The lack of depth is deplorable. There aren't any excuses for the team to find another Wide Reciever. The Fox regime literally hasn't brought in a single WR worth a damn.

I don't know if the solution is signing all these FA's fans keep bitching about but the FO doesn't deserve excuses like that.

You'll get the answer very soon. Smitty will not be lights out every game. He will be doubled every single game and Moore will lock on to him at times and throw the INT. It's GOING to happen. So, there will be times when he doesn't do jack out there, which is about the same as him not being out there at all. If we can still put up points and win, when he has a nothing game...we'll be okay; if Double Trouble and whoever wants to catch a ball out of the WR corp can't make up for his lacking, we're in deep trouble.

We've been here before though. Double Trouble has saved our ass, and well...Moose and our TEs have saved our ass too. The coaches think there's a WR who can save our ass as well right now. I can't wait to see who that is because right now, I couldn't even make a guess.

well...we feel good about our young receiver corps. that's enough, right? potential automatically turns into results.

either that or we are screwed because they thought it more important to get guys they hope cold turn into something one day rather than trying to get a reliable option.

i've said before that we are only one WR away from a solid playoff team. however, we are only one missing WR away from a 3-4 win season.

Archived