• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What happens If 89 goes down with an injury?

Eazy-E

I pray that Smith dominates and plays lights out all season but it has me worried that without him we cannot move the ball on offense. (Just like the preseason) I have been reading so many arguments about why we should or should not bring in a proven WR to back up smith and understand both sides of the story. But I have to ask does anyone really think anyone on this roster can step in and try to fill smitty's shoes? I think Having at least 1 other WR on the roster (Moose last year for instance) with some experience will be a huge benefit.

Let the arguments begin :)

I pray that Smith dominates and plays lights out all season but it has me worried that without him we cannot move the ball on offense. (Just like the preseason) I have been reading so many arguments about why we should or should not bring in a proven WR to back up smith and understand both sides of the story. But I have to ask does anyone really think anyone on this roster can step in and try to fill smitty's shoes? I think Having at least 1 other WR on the roster (Moose last year for instance) with some experience will be a huge benefit.

Let the arguments begin :)

Then I'm gonna bitch slap you for jinxing it!! :incazzato:

:D

A passage from Jeff Davidson's scripted playbook:

"If 89 is injured or ejected, passing situations are to be handled as followed:

A. Try a short pass for two yards and hope the D misses tackles.

B. Draw play

C. Wildcat/Mountaineer/Helter Skelter formation. Don't really know what to do after that because a converted college QB has been learning WR, KR, PR and Wildcat and doesn't know any of it yet. But other teams used to do it until it became obsolete and I intend to bring it back in style like polka dotted bell bottoms.)

D. Punt on third down (Coach Fox said a punt is not a bad play. It is on my office wall)

Archived