• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Louis Leonard

Car123

Yeah right I wish, we wouldnt add Haynesworth even if the deadskins offered to pay his salary. We dont ever add impact players its to risque.:rolleyes:

Skins fan here, several hours ago, a reputable team insider on our board posted that the Panthers were "quietly shopping Steve Smith". This lead many of us to start checking up on other Panthers related news...

Lo and behold, you all released a starting DT today, and we have an highly disgrundled DT here in DC.

This has lead to rampant speculation by our board members that there is a Smith for Haynesworth trade in the works.

My two cents: I would love it, but not sure why yall would trade your sole WR at this juncture (though I think LaFell will be good long term).

EDIT: FYI, Haynesworth is only guarenteed $3.6MM in 2010, and $5.4MM in 2011, pretty reasonable contract at this point.

This is a horribly untalented roster. We need significant upgrades at every position except for running back and linebacker. I'm on Team BPA come April.

I disagree there. It's a talented, if young roster. The only position we seriously need an upgrade in is the one we've just released three players from.

Skins fan here, several hours ago, a reputable team insider on our board posted that the Panthers were "quietly shopping Steve Smith". This lead many of us to start checking up on other Panthers related news...

Lo and behold, you all released a starting DT today, and we have an highly disgrundled DT here in DC.

This has lead to rampant speculation by our board members that there is a Smith for Haynesworth trade in the works.

My two cents: I would love it, but not sure why yall would trade your sole WR at this juncture (though I think LaFell will be good long term).

ohhhh poo I would hate it, might bring a tear to my eye but thanks for sparking some intrigue around here the forum is about to go f**kn NUTZZZ

EDIT: very reasonable because smith is getting I think 6mil this year alone

Yeah I remember the insider info from one of Pepper's relatives who lived in DC about how he was going to go there last offseason. We see how that worked out. Don't know why we would pick up Haynesworth for Smith given we dumped all our veterans. It isn't like Haynesworth would be quiet and content here either. Who wants to play for us???

Thanks for the heads up.

Archived