• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox on not bringing in veteran WRs: Those aren’t my decisions

SOJA

Man, I really hope Fox comes clean and goes nuts. I know he won't, but I'd love for him to lay into things this season, though I doubt it'd help the confidence of his young team.

Anyone else half expect him to resign in a couple weeks? heh.

resign? that would hurt his chances landing a new gig right away. Ideally, Fox will want to finish the season w/ a bang. The last 6 games matter...he needs to prove he can be given young guys and a bad situation.....and help them improve as the season goes along. That is coaching.

zero chance Fox resigns. unless he doesn't want to be a HC somewhere next season.

resign? that would hurt his chances landing a new gig right away. Ideally, Fox will want to finish the season w/ a bang. The last 6 games matter...he needs to prove he can be given young guys and a bad situation.....and help them improve as the season goes along. That is coaching.

zero chance Fox resigns. unless he doesn't want to be a HC somewhere next season.

i almost think that he would try to take a college HC job somewhere except i get the feeling he doesn't want to work with anyone other than grownups.

yeah you're right, though I think he may get fired. He just sounds so frustrated with it all lately. Not that I blame him. Totally not a Fox team.

I was told that Fox was on the verge of spouting off. Guess that time has arrived.

He should. I've been talking poo about Fox with the best of them, but the deeper we've gotten into this, the more I'm starting to feel bad for him. Part of what sealed it for me was this past week seeing how desperate he was getting with the challenges and then to top it off the scene between him and Peppers - I feel there was a lot more to that then just a 'hey, how are you?'

If you saw them hug, idk if it was before or after the game, it seemed like they missed each other and wished they could've kept working together but it was out of their hands, it just seemed very genuine. I know I'm reading a lot into it, but it's not hard to. It just seemed obvious to me that Fox knew what was going on but he's been trying to be a stand-up, company guy about it and keep his mouth shut, but it's getting harder to do it.

He was not given a contract b/c they want to bring in a new guy for dirt cheap. He hasn't been consistent, and yes, he's been flawed as every other coach is and can drive us crazy, but it's got to be insulting to him after the success he has had here and as well regarded around the league as he is. Then add to that, if everyone remembers the report that came out during the offseason from the Panthers said, "he can comeback if he wants." Kind of like, F you, we don't want you and we're looking to go cheap but you're welcome to come back finish this year of your contract and waste a year of your life.

Then on this expiring deal, we empty out the roster of all older, veteran talent and young guys looking for new deals while adding no new talent over the minimum wage for players of their tenure *wallace wright.

I am starting to feel bad for him although he has boggled our minds with some ultra conservative playcalling, he's basically just a hood ornament right now, and they purposely made it that way for him in his last year... He really wasn't welcomed back and we had no plans of getting better.

And I'm feeling more and more like D-Will, Kalil. TD, Marshall already have a budget on their heads and many of them will exceed it and therefore won't be back...

yeah you're right, though I think he may get fired. He just sounds so frustrated with it all lately. Not that I blame him. Totally not a Fox team.

well, I think Fox has the right to be frustrated. He is a lame duck coach. The roster for probably the first time in his career in Carolina isn't up to him. He wasn't given a roster to win with. He was given one to treadwater with.

I think at the core of Fox is a good coach. He won't quit on his players. They probably won't quit on him. He is a player friendly coach and I think that actually gets him a lot of respect. He will protect his players until the bitter end. It will always be team issues w/ Fox and he will never single out players when people come hunting. He simply has his worst season....and moves on. I think Fox and Carolina ultimately are both fine w/ that.

THIS is why you don't want a lame duck coach... Fox has already checked out, fire him now and promote someone to interim HC that actually gives a damn.

Personally, I'd like to see Meeks get a shot.

really, Fox is just saying what it is. I want Fox fired as much as anyone...but the man is just telling it like it is. He has no control over that.

THIS is why you don't want a lame duck coach... Fox has already checked out, fire him now and promote someone to interim HC that actually gives a damn.

Personally, I'd like to see Meeks get a shot.

This may not be a bad thing considering that IF Meeks performs well.

This may be a bad thing because: I like the defense Meeks runs, and it is unlikely he will remain defensive coordinator after being promoted

http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2010/10/13/fox-on-not-bringing-in-veteran-wrs-those-arent-my-decisions/7104/

I can't blame this terrible season on Fox. He is doing the best with what we have.

Fox may be doing his best with what we have, but with the exception of his first season, I do not think he has ever made the best use of the talent he has. This team has been undercoached since and Foxy has been outcoached by his opponents for years.

Fox may be doing his best with what we have, but with the exception of his first season, I do not think he has ever made the best use of the talent he has. This team has been undercoached since and Foxy has been outcoached by his opponents for years.

Meh. I think he did pretty well in 02, 03, 04, 05 and 08. I say 05 because they started 1-2, then finished 11-5 which included getting screwed vs. Dallas on Christmas Eve. If Foster doesn't go down that team might have won the Super Bowl. They had bad chemistry in 06 (Keyshawn) and 07 was the year Jake got hurt. The last two years have been a mess but a lot of that comes from the organization.

Archived