• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Progression of David Gettis

Carl Spackler

so.... Gettis' great game a couple weeks ago was... what? an anomaly? throwing to an open man? I take it the announcers shitting us when they said he aws running great routes, what great moves he was making.

It didn't seem like we ran nearly as many 3 WR sets. Seems like we went back to our gameplan that had worked spectacularly before the bye. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think it is too easy to put it all on the WRs.

It didn't seem like we ran nearly as many 3 WR sets. Seems like we went back to our gameplan that had worked spectacularly before the bye. Maybe i'm wrong, but i think it is too easy to put it all on the WRs.

exactly. the offense really took off against SF using 3 WR looks. It makes a defense adjust and gives the OL some breathing room.

Fox said it was too aggressive and went back to 2 WR looks.

exactly. the offense really took off against SF using 3 WR looks. It makes a defense adjust and gives the OL some breathing room.

the rage and anger built up inside of me because of this kind of asinine coaching from fox makes me want to drop kick baby seals in the face. I can't believe he thinks that way. I mean seriously, what a jackass.

the rage and anger built up inside of me because of this kind of asinine coaching from fox makes me want to drop kick baby seals in the face. I can't believe he thinks that way. I mean seriously, what a jackass.

yeah... does he not trust Gettis? Not trust Moore? Not trust Davidson? What is it about 3 WR sets he hates so much?

Trust me I have killed some baby seals this year over fox. Its not worth the energy to kill anymore.

If going 15-20 for 171 yards and three TDs for a passer rating of 139 was not doing much of anything, I hope he doesn't do much this week against the Saints.

Bit of a HARF HARF HARF response.

Watch the tape. He was good (as in not messing up good), not great.

As far as his TD throws, don't forget

1 was a result of a veteran push off by Moose

1 was to a wide open King who still had to dive for the ball

1 left his WR high and dry to get creamed and break his arm

He was good, not great. And that was his high water mark.

I'm saying that knowing full well Clausen hasn't even come that far, but like I said before, we've seen Moore's peak.

I'm saying that knowing full well Clausen hasn't even come that far, but like I said before, we've seen Moore's peak.

You are being very nitpicky. Look around the league and you can complain on just about every throw/catch. Stafford threw a ball into tight coverage behind his man and it goes for a TD. Could have easily been picked. These plays happen every week.

Del you are dead wrong. If you keep stretching things so far you might pull something.

When you are within 20 points of a perfect passer rating, it was a great game not a good game.

You can belittle any TD but the bottom line is it was a TD. Moore played a great game and when you are leading by several scores you aren't going to throw the ball.

As for reaching his peak, you can't predict the future. Who know what will happen down the road. Who is to say that with a better offensive cordinator and decent quarterback coach Clausen, Moore and Pike may all have better days down the road.

No one would let Moore off the hook after watching the game but he could be much better if things are working on the o-line and running the ball.

Drew Brees had 4 Ints against Cleveland for that matter. Why? No running game and he tried to make plays that weren't there. All quarterbacks would struggle if they played with this offense.

As for Matt and Jimmy, I am not going to even get into it. Too many fanatics on both sides in my opinion. You can't have a rational discussion on the subject right now.

Truth is nothing will work until we find a quarterback who can actually execute the offense and give us a passing attack. Right now neither have done much which is why we look so bad.

The quarterback is the hub around which everythig revolves. Honestly brees could come in tomorrow and using the same playbook we would be 100 times better in 2 weeks.

That is the real truth.

lol

This is pretty much it. For some reason...this makes me feel like Fox is doing this on purpose...not tanking games on purpose...but maybe want to prove he can win HIS way at all cost.

I remember how much crap he got when he said he thought the Arizona game was our best performance last year.

Archived