• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why was Jimmy benched?

Brokenbad

This is a really bad situation. We don't really know what we have. We can let Clausen play more games this year, but the sad truth is we have bad coaching, bad offensive game plan, and a gutted team, so I don't know we'd honestly get a accurate picture of Clausen.

So if we let him play, the new coach whomever that is, will only have college tape and our tape of our bad team to decide if we should go after a QB in the draft.

I'm not sure we'll know enough to pass on a QB that high, either way.

This is a really bad situation. We don't really know what we have. We can let Clausen play more games this year, but the sad truth is we have bad coaching, bad offensive game plan, and a gutted team, so I don't know we'd honestly get a accurate picture of Clausen.

So if we let him play, the new coach whomever that is, will only have college tape and our tape of our bad team to decide if we should go after a QB in the draft.

I'm not sure we'll know enough to pass on a QB that high, either way.

If we are picking #2 overall there wont be a QB worth taking..IMO

Luck will be gone and taking Locker is a huge risk.

Drafting a QB that high is ALWAYS a risk, and everyone knows this, you just have to take it. Especially in our position right now.

However, it's always possible we bring in a coach that knows how to develop QB's correctly and thinks strongly they can help Clausen.

Don't think Moore is here next year, unless he figures out he'll only be a backup somewhere else and stays here to be a backup.

Or even crazier, we sign someone like McNabb to come in here while Clausen gets ready to take over when it's time.

Drafting a QB that high is ALWAYS a risk, and everyone knows this, you just have to take it. Especially in our position right now.

However, it's always possible we bring in a coach that knows how to develop QB's correctly and thinks strongly they can help Clausen.

Don't think Moore is here next year, unless he figures out he'll only be a backup somewhere else and stays here to be a backup.

Or even crazier, we sign someone like McNabb to come in here while Clausen gets ready to take over when it's time.

True but even more of a risk with Locker..from what Hurney has said he puts a lot of stock in tape on field play of a player. Locker does not look good but he has almost no talent around him but he has a skillset thats rare for a QB.

So it would be a huge risk to take Jake Locker #2 overall.

Was it because he was sucking balls or is it because the team was down by so much they decided to try something different?

Jimmy clAusen is garbage, he was benched because he fuging sucks. He can't even see over the line, he can't hit open wr's.... That little bitch got passed up by 47 picks for a fuging reason and Hurneys dumb ass took the bait...... We r pathetic for drafting him, we would have had better success with a O lineman or even mccoy, fug jimmy clausen

I'm drunk as fug soRry if I offended any of u clausen homers

The only thing I can think of is that Fox got some info that maybe Moore is going to be missing some time with his injury so they wanted to give Pike some game time since Clausen looks so bad and Pike will probably be in the game at some point next week.

Clausen has no business out there at all now.

When Fox put him in weeks ago he should have just let him start the rest of the season no matter how bad he stunk it up. Now, instead, not only has he stunk it up his rookie year, he has also been benched. Way to kick a kid's ego while he is down. Clausen may not recover.

Clausen has no business out there at all now.

When Fox put him in weeks ago he should have just let him start the rest of the season no matter how bad he stunk it up. Now, instead, not only has he stunk it up his rookie year, he has also been benched. Way to kick a kid's ego while he is down. Clausen may not recover.

so youre sayin that when Moore got or in the future gets hurt we should skip right over to Pike?

Archived