• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where Does the Panthers' Head Coaching Job Rank?

Carolina Husker

Of all the known (Dallas, San Francisco, Carolina) and rumored (Minnesota, Denver, San Diego) openings this off-season, where does the Panthers' vacancy rank in terms of appeal to the Harbaughs, Cowhers Fraziers etc. of the world?

How do we stack up in those coveted coaches' eyes of the most desirable places to coach?

Dude we are dead last. Who wants to go to a team where the owner likes to lowball the players and have lameduck coaches? Ya, I know he will start spending again but who says something like this will never happen again?

i don't know. JR has been a pain this year but you look at teams like the cowboys where the owner thinks he's a coach as well and keeps his finger in the pot...i don't know. san diego and san francisco have tons of problems with management as well. cincy will probably be looking at getting a new coach as well but the owner/GM likes keeping players on the team who have or are prone to have criminal problems and really doesn't care if you want them on your team or not.

Dude we are dead last. Who wants to go to a team where the owner likes to lowball the players and have lameduck coaches? Ya, I know he will start spending again but who says something like this will never happen again?

Cause I'm sure Mr. Richardson has about 5-10 years left in his money hungry heart.

Last. Despite what JJ does in Dallas, coaches still think they can be the one to go in there and make like Jimmy Johnson and lead them back to glory despite JJ as the owner... It's high profile. All the other jobs either have some sort of winning tradition or a better market/higher visibility.

We're a mid-market team, not high profile unless you win big, and until JR comes out and states what he's going to do with players, not many guys are gonna want to come in with scraps left on the roster.

I still love our RB's, an Oline, and Defense. We have a lot of young talent that can be molded into a new coaches philosphy. In Dallas those guys are pretty much set in there ways.

We will have coin to spend in the FA market.

I like our chances.

When has San Diego's job rumored to be open?

Some of the jobs that I expect could be open:

Houston

Minny

Carolina

Jax

Oakland

Denver

San Fran

Dallas

Arizona

Cincy

I would assume that we would be in the middle of the pack as far as a coach wanting to be here.

Archived